cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM 5.0 and we are using OpenText as our Document Repository for attachments.

When a shopper adds an attachment to shopping cart, if the OpenText repository is down for some reason (maintenance), the shopper does NOT get any error that attachment failed.

The bigger problem is since the OpenText is down, SRM is not able to push the attachment and failing.

This is resulting in shopper essentially loosing the attachment with no data in BBP_PDATT-LOIO_ID field.

Here are my questions.

1. If the attachment fails to go to the document server, does SRM store them locally to reprocess?

2. If the attachment fails to go to the document server, why is SRM not doing a hard stop and stop shopper from placing cart?

I appreciate any input on this problem.

Thanks,

SG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what was the work around?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Work around found. Closing thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SG,

can you please let me know the work around solution? its urgent for me

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

OpenText repository . Did you discuss with basis team.

pease share with us. I wi ask basis and update you soon..

you could be correct. et me check

i saw some change history that attachment /text added but really no attached any thing. your query raise my eye brows.

basis is busy today. let me sit with him and trace...and update you..

Jay and all :- do have any thoughts on this ?

Muhtu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

We decided to make a call to check if the Document repository is up in DOC CHECK badi before posting the attachments.

SG

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SG

are we storing really in application server? or content (repository) server? How we check in the BADI?

any clue ? parameter is appreciated.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

The way to find out if you are using SRM or Content repostiory is by looking at BBPFILESYS entry in OACT transaction.

Since we already know we use content repository, we were planning to use SCMS_HTTP_INFO FM to get the status.

SG

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SG

IN legacy srm we do use content serve.

thanks for the good information

muthu