cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice to delete a User in SRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one tell how we can handle a situation where we have to delete a user from SRM, but make sure we don't have any open procurement documents. SRM server 550

Here is my issue:

1. Users are replicated to SRM from ECC via ALE

2. Whenever a user is terminated from the company a user update from ECC will delete the user in SRM.

Appreciate any help and will give points

Arpita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In SRM 550

but in SRM , we do LOCK the users and remove their profiles too.

so users can not log into the system . your open docuements also saved .

In SRM 700

Team purchasig takes care of this problem.

no option boss.

We have tried lot but honestly it is a open issue with SAP too.

BR

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Muthu.

Do you know of any table/report/ a way to find the open procurement documents in SRM. I checked the CRMD_PARTNER but i don't think it has any option to check all the open documents for a user before we delete a user from SRM.

Can any experts provide me some best practice or a solution for my issue? Appreciate the help

Arpita

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

separatet Enhancement required ..

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mutthu,

What exactly do you mean when you say remove the profile. if i remove the profile then can some one process the subsequent documents like Conf, Invoicing Etc. If so what role should that user have to process the orphan documents

Appreciate your help

Arpita

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

User not supposed to delete in SRM 550.

but whatever he has role / profile associated in su01 will be stripped and locked as you said. he can not log in as well .

the system understands he is not deleted .

for example .

if the user created a SC and left . so you can lock his user and remove his profiles for safety reasons.

but PO will be created and others can do good receipt for eg central recipient.

br

Muthu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arpita

Our business process for removing users from our SRM 5.5 system

1. TCode SU01 expire the users licence and lock the userID.

2. Also in SU01 remove the users email address esp if using off line mail processes

3. Remove the user's roles using PFCG

4. In the SRM Org Structure we have a node for de-activated users not attached to any Company code - we move them to that node and change the assignment description so we know where they came from - this is our Audit requirement.

5. In the Org Structure remove any attributes concerned with approval of cost centers/orders etc. Also change their Approval Value level in Extended attriutes to zero.

6. If the user was an approver check SWI5 to find any uncompleted workflow items

7. Use SWIA to re-route those items to an appropriate approver

8. Check for any user substitutes active or passive and remove them, we wrote an ABAP application for this as we could find no suitable SAP transaction. You could log on as the user and do it that way, but if the user is a substitute for someone else you cannot.

9 If the user exists in the back end ERP system, de-activate in SU01 as steps 1 & 2 above

10 Check if there are any workflow in ERP.

We never delete users as this will cause problems with any documents that they worked on for ever and ever and ever...

With this procedure sometimes - not very often - they return to the organization and they can be re-activated.

Hope this helps you and others

Allen

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent Allen.

good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Allen you response was very thorough. I appreciate your effort.

I am keeping this question open just to encourage any more best practices that address this issue.

Arpita