Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Profiles in User Master Record using ABAP. Any DB table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to delete profiles of users in a SAP Box. I collected all the profiles assigned to users from UST04 table. Then I passed each role to Function Module SUPRN_INS_OR_DEL_PROFILE. This function module is deleting the profiles successfully. It is causing no delay if I use few users. But my requirement is to remove the profiles of all users in all the clients of one SAP box. There are 13 clients in the SAP box in consideration. For testing I have considered only one client in which there are 8000(Eight Thousand) users out of which around 1000 users profiles are to be deleted. This function module took me almost one hour which is a major concern of performance.

Can you please let me know if there is any other alternative which will increase the performace. I am looking for a table where profiles exist apart from UST04 so that I can delete entries from the table instead of using the Function Module OR a function module which does not take too much time.

Thankyou very much in advance.

Regards,

Sunil

3 REPLIES 3

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did youalready try this FM::

SUSR_BAPI_USER_PROFILES_DELETE

Rgds

Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was looking for the same (or something very similar) recently --> to delete the profiles themselves (first) and not their assignment to the users.

You can find the logic and the FM to use here --> Please read the thread carefully as there are some dangers in this.

If you still have a performance problem, then it is your own code and not the FM.

After the deletion, call the table sync function and they are gone.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> This function module took me almost one hour which is a major concern of performance.

Why is it a performance concern? to make 1000 changes in an hour is fine. If you read the code for the FM you will see that there is more going on than removing a single item from a table.