cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable or make the form read only when a submit button is pressed!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to make the interactive form read only when Submit button is pressed on the form.

I need to do this in both offline and online scenario.

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there is a direct way of making the complete form read only. You will have to make all field elements read-only.

The script has been discussed here before, please Search for it.

Chintan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I told you what to do. Where to find the scripting basics docs and where to get the script. Check the documents mentioned above and:

- go to your LCD (outside SAP to make that faster)

- open Library > tab WD Native

- get Signature - Sign and Lock all

- place it on your form layout, mark

- open your script editor (window > script editor)

- use the script which is written here - it loops at all the form components and set them all readOnly

Hope this solves your problem,

regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys .. ! I get it now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chintan and Otto,

Thanks for reply. Do u guys mind to guide me on the scripting?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well it has been discussed here at SCN and you can easily Search and get it.

Chintan

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again,

you can do this only through scripting OR check the signature functionality. You can lock the form after signing it (or something like that). If you´re interested in a way, how the Adobe guys are doing this, just place a sign field on your layout and check the JS used for this (they´re doing that through scripting as well!!!).

Or maybe... based on your scenario ... you can get the data into SAP through the interactive and fillable form and in the backend re-render the form with the same template and data which will not allow anybody to do any changes.

Regards, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact you must have your form interactive every time from the coding (offline) or thanks to the interactive form object properties in your WD designer (online). The only think you can change is to restrict the access to the form fields, for example:

a) hide the field

b) make them readonly

Regards, Otto

p.s.: to start with scripting to change the form fields access

a) search the forum

b) start reading here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba...

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/es/FormCalc.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since there is no way to change the entire form to readonly thru javascript, is there any way round beside changing the field access to readOnly one by one?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not to my knowledge but you can apply scripting, it is hardly 10 lines of code and should do the job. Any reason for not going the scripting way?

Chintan