Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

box management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is as follow :

My customer make an order of machines...

We deliver the customer the machine in a box (materila with serial N°)...

We need to track theses boxes. How it's possible in SAP

The box must be determinated automatically when the machine is selected in a specific customer order.

The user have to select just the serial N° of the box.

Thanks in advance for your help to achieve this requirement.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to use handling unit management with serialization, this will involve a lot of customization.

You will have to maintain a link in a custom table as a link between the SN and HU.So when someone scans a seria lnumber custom RF programs will automatically read the equipment information and grab its corresponding HU and update delivery and PGI.

Also use delivery packing at HU level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiranvyarlagadda,

Could you please be more explicit about delivery packing at HU level.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.....in one of my last assignments we did multi level HIU packing and palletization....so once the vendor sends us ASN's we we created a custom table where all the ASN'S will be stored against an inbound delivery and the inbound delivery will contain a pallet HU and corresponding unit HU's for example we received 84 units in the delivery we would have 84 single HU's with a mother/pallet HU.based on customized RF transaction on entering the inbound delivery number we would receive the parent HU with the nested HU's into a handling unit managed location.similarly when we create an outbound delivery based on the availability of the HU's the user scans the parent Hu or any on of the serial number and all the HU's in the pallet will be picked.

you do not have to use palletization, even for single HU's we can create a custom table with the serial numbers and link them to the HU's.We used the customer packagae material field in the HU to update the serial number.

Delivery packing RF transaction was customized.We would scan the delivery and then the material and corresponding serial number.based on the serial number and HU combination in the custom table the system would pick up the HU and finish packing.

Answers (0)