Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 1144603 - BCM: Back-end signature for data medium

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to implement this SAP note on PI7.1 (Note 1144603 - BCM: Back-end signature for data medium).

But I don't find the path to the protection domain, .... in NWA.

* In the Visual Administrator, maintain the following permission under Services -> Security Provider:
          o Choose Runtime -> Protection Domains.
          o In the left window, under Protection Domains, search for your deployment unit (sap.com -> fscm~swift -> EJBContainer -> applicationjars -> sap.com~fscm~swiftejb.jar).
          o In the right window (Available permissions), open Available -> java.lang.RuntimePermission -> VARIANTS.
          o Check whether the entry XiSecurityRuntimePermission exists.  If not, choose New at the bottom.  In the dialog box, change the second value from Specify Target Name to XiSecurityRuntimePermission, and choose OK.
          o Under Granted Permissions, choose java.lang.RuntimePermission.
          o Under Available Permissions, select XiSecurityRuntimePermission, and choose Grant.  Under Granted permissions, the system now displays XiSecurityRuntimePermission under java.lang.RuntimePermission.

Is there somebody who already try this? or can help me?

Thanks

Regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Response from SAP:

There is nothing to do for PI 7.1. I updated the note 1144603.

It is possible that you see a small error if the Backend Signature is not used correctly, e.g. if you send a file without signature but

the parameter VerifyBackendSignature is set to 'true'. You can get an NullPointerException instead of an appropriate error message.

This doesn't affect the functionality itself. Only the error message is wrong. It is corrected by note 1431996, which will be

released in a couple of days.

SAP Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This note is valid for 700 release for 7.1 there is no visual admin, this is not possible.

But you can check in NWA, navigate to configuration management>security>certificates & keys then you can create the view and import the certificate.

Regards,

Vamshi.

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I received a mail from SAP this morning saying that they are working on a new version for 7.1.

Coming soon.

RegardsChris

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chris

I have moved this thread to the Netweaver Administrator forum. Can anyone assist with this query?

Regards

Mark Smyth

XI/PI Moderator