Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving material from quality to unrestricted

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario where the user has given the UD but the stock posting tab was missing in the QA32 screen, so stock posting could not be done. Now in the stock overview the material is available in quality stock only. We want to take the material to unrestricted stock. Inspection types 01, 08 and 09 are active in material master. Please advise how to proceed? If we try to transfer material from quality to unrestrictedthrough 321 movement in MB1B, we are getting error message "change inspection stock in QM only ". Please advise.

Regards

Sm.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, double check the original inspection lot using transaction QA12. Make sure there isn't now a stock posting tab with unposted qtys. If there is, complete the posting here.

Then, try using QA08 to deactivate all the inspection types for the material and then try the 321.

Craig

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, i gave a wrong information. In the material 01, 05, 08, 09, 89, and 0800 were active. With QA08 other types were deactivated but system did not allow to deactivate 05 and gave the message that it cannot be done (material is blocked). Maybe that's why 321 also did not work. What next?

regards

Sm.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you double check the inspection lot like I suggested? Check all your 05 inspection lots for the material and make sure they are all processed, (UD'd) and all stock is posted on them. If you find any open, process them then try the QA08 again to deactivate the 05. Then the 321.

If that doesn't work you can try SAP note 48815 and run report ZQEVAC20 as described by the note. The program can be used to correct discrepencies.

Craig

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Yes i checked again, the stock posting tab has not appeared in that lot where UD had already been given.

Actually all the options of mass deactivation/document cancellation had already been tried even before posting this query, but i missed out on checking for available lots against inspection type 05. Thanks to you, now it will be checked.

If there is no other option, probably SAP note will be the last resort.

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Feb 16, 2010 7:21 PM

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The inspection lot is created manually ? If it is then the tab won't display i think

M.Alagesan

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alagesan,

How the lot was created without stock posting tab intrigues me also as the inspection type 08 was active and stock transfer lot was created. Is there any way to create a manual lot starting with 8 and at a time when the 08 inspection type is active ?

Regards

Sm

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

08 is Stock transfer

The QM component cannot manage stock movements for inspection lots that were created manually.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/89/9bb43418e43b4ae10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

This inspection lot is created automatically during stock transfer or created manually ?

Alagesan

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alagesan,

The inspection type 08, as i said, was active when the lot was created. so i would assume that it was automatically created during the stock transfer.

Regards

Sm.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to run the report I suggested to correct the inventory? If your other 08's are begin created ok, then correct the inventory with the report.

If it happens again, you'll have two inspection lots then to compare and trouble shoot with.

Craig

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sm,

Just try t-code QVM2 for the list of inspection lots with outstanding quantities. If you donu2019t find the inspection lot here there is no any other option but to apply the note as suggested by Craig. This note removes the inconsistencies between MM and QM module for locked quantities.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

U solved this problem ?

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Running the note as per your suggestion solved the problem.

Regards

Sm.

Answers (0)