cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Remote Deploy Wily Introscope Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed Wily Introscope EM and the Diagnostic Agent on Solution Manager (EhP1).

Now, if I understand it, I can do a remote deploy of Introscope Agent, for example on Enterprise Portal.

How can I do?

Best Regards.

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The directions were very useful.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Do you also install an SMD agent on the portal system which one you want to managed via RCA? Also you need to run the Setup Wizard for Managed Systems for your portal.

Please check SAP Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents. In this note you will find an attachment Agent_Installation_Strategy.ppt - describe the installation strategy of SMD agents and all agent rules which you need to follow.

So one part is to get RCA running:

1. Install a SMD agent per managed host.

2. Define the technical system in SMSY Normal you have an SLD in your landscape and connect the Solution Manager to it or use the SLD from Solution Manager. After you define the technical system in SMSY or via SOLMAN_SETUP ->Managed System Configuration you go to Diagnostics Setup.

3. You access this via Diagnostics work center or direct link http://solman_fqdn:<port>/smd

4. Next go to Managed System -> Setup Wizard -> Select your to managed system <SID> - > check that system is Diagnostics Relevant (if not click on the managed products and set the relevant product for diagnostic u2013 also verify the Landscape setting light are green u2013 this means the technical system is well defined in SMSY)

5. Click Setup <SID> Button -> on next screen you need to fill out all Java / Abap connection parameters (for the setup of Java systems you need a userid with j2ee admin rights)

6. Please set the SMD agent in the right table u2013> Click on details arrow and then select the managed systemu2019s SMD agent and click on the set button. The SMD agent will now reboot wait until the agent is back -> Click on the Refresh button to see the status.

7. Click Next and on the next screen you get a Summary of all setup steps

8. Click on Setup. After the setup finished (all steps are green)

9. Click on quit.

Before your can deploy the IS agent from the Solution Manager you need to deploy the IS agent files via SDM to the Solution Manager. You can download the deployable IS agent from SAP Service Market Place:

Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP Technology Components -> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER -> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1 -> Entry by Components -> Agents for managed systems -> select your version for your IS EM and download the deployable agent via SolMan Diagnostics (File name like ISAGENTSMD801_01-10007435.SCA)

Now you can start with the setup of the Introscope Agent (on the left menu bar under application selection).

On the selection screen select first your IS Enterprise Manager then the IS Agent settings the relevant system.

In the table select the J2EE node for which want you setup the agent (this need to be done for each Server node u2013 the IS agent runs inside of the J2EE node per server)

Then click on Setup Introscope Agent u2026 Button u2013> select the Autoprobe Directives and click the Apply button. If every steps doen you need to reboot your managed JAVA system.

Now you are ready to use the RCA tools and also see data in the IS Enterprise Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the very detailed explanation.

On my system I do not think you have installed the SAP Host Agents.

I must also install the Solution Manager?

Best Regards,

Diego Garofalo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

to get a whole picture what you want to do? Please describe it in short words. What kind of systems you want to managed? Do you want to setup a self monitoring from Solution Manager?

The SAP Host agent is only necessary if you plan to use the SMD agent version 7.11. The version 7.11 need the startup frame work from the host agent. For SMD agent version 7.0x you only need to install the SMD agent on the managed host.

By default the SAP Host agent will be automatically installed with new SAP systems. To check if this is already installed, go to /usr/sap/ and look for an folder /hostctrl

The host agent is used for start/stop SAP system from remote (sap startup framework) and also include saposcol.

Best regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I have Solution Manager EhP1 SP21, Updated from old release, and I want to managed especially the Enterprise Portal.

I use the Diagnostic Agent 7:11, but in / usr / sap do not have the folder / hostctrl.

Best Regards,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mike,

I also installed the SAP Host Agent on Solman. Now see agent and the process goes forward.

Then I have installed the Diagnostic Agent and the SAP Host Agent on Enterprise Portal (development).

But in Managed Systems -> Setup Wizard -> SETUP <SID> -> says "The SMD Agent 'ep-hostname' has not been found!"

Regards,

Diego Garofalo.

Edited by: Diego Garofalo on Feb 18, 2010 12:16 PM

Hi Mike,

I finally resolved. After installing the Diagnostic Agent and SAP Host Agent on the EP I had to edit the file containing runtime.properties as the host name as that of the portal and not the Solution Manager.

Now I understand how to monitor etc etc.

Thank you for the valuable help.

Saluti,

Diego.

Edited by: Diego Garofalo on Feb 19, 2010 9:22 AM