cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail to the message creator's reporting head.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a typical requirement.Whenver an user or a group of users create a support message, an email has to trigger to the Message creator's reporting hierarchy.

This requirement is raised as the message creators/ group belong to a different geography.And if the team is creating a support message it has acknowledge the message creator with a mail. And the support team responsible for handling the tickets will resolve the isse, whcih is a normal process.

we use the standard rule 13200137 for the support team determination and transaction type is SLFN.

Request your suggestions on this as to how to do the configuration and create action profiles for this.

reagrds,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks again. I was thinking of thsi option, but for this the message creator has to create the support message from Solution Manager directly using CRMD_ORDER . But in our cases the message creators login to the SAP R/3 and create teh support message via help -> Create support message . In this case we may not include the addition tab for the support head right?

So this is the issue I'm thinking on.

Any suggestions on this Rajeev?

regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

May be I was not clear. Let me explain once again.

Requirement :

message creator(User)A --> creates a support message --> acknowledgment email to trigger to the message creator -A's head.

Neither the message creator nor the message creator's head are the part of the support team, they are end users.

In this case the support team is not yet invloved.

The below procedure is already implemented.(available)

The support team takes up the issue and the mails get triggered from the support team member to the message creator on various statuses(customer action, solution provided etc).

Hope I'm clear with my requirement this time. This is some unique requirement, would like to know how this can be done.

regards,

Srinivas

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the detailed explanation. I understood the issue. As you want the mail to be triggered to the Head ( not to the resporter), I am afraid standard SAP features supports this. But this can be done using some custom codes, say, you can create a field where the reporter's head's name can be entered ( or a mapping to find it automatically) and based on that value, mail can be triggered to the respective person.

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the reply. But we have already implemented the mail triggers to the customers/users through the action profiles. This requirement focuses on the mail trigger to a customer head each and every time s support message is created by one fo the team members.

The 'customer head' in this case does not belong to any support team. he is related to the user community.

Could you please suggest on this requirement, atleast would like to know whether this is possible.

regards,

Srinivas

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Let me rephrase your question.

You have created a message and you want a mail to be triggered to the reporter. The reporter can be a person or a group. Right?

What you need to do is to create a BP for the group to whom you want the mail to be triggered. and when you create a message you can mention the group in the reporter field. Now you need to create an action based on the document with automatic scheduling condition. Mention the start condition and select the BP in your reporter field corresponding to a specific status. This action will execute automatically whenever your status meets the selected one to the BP mentioned in Reporter field.

Hope this helps.

Rajeev

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos