cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows TEMP viariable is not set??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I got the following problem with transaction PB60.

If I want to print or edit word documents, it works all fine in SAP GUI. If I use this transaction over SAP WebGui (Internet Transaction Server), I got an error that the TEMP Windows variable is not set.

Well, I don't understand that error. First, the variable TEMP is set and secondly it works in SAP GUI, so why is it not working with SAP Transaction Server?

We are working on SAP ERP 2004.

Help would be rewarded!

Regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Frank,

you need to set up this variable on operating system level via command SET.

Open command session and type:

SET TEMP=x:\temp

use X as you drive...

BR

m./

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

what do you mean by "operating system level"? Setting the variable on client oder on server where SAP ERP works?

I have also read in sap note 314568, that within SAP GUI for HTML, you can only read(!) word documents (OLE Automation)?

Regards,

Frank

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I meant OS level of client ~ your PC where you are running SAP GUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done that and can also see this parameter in windows (and have restart my client). Although the error is still there.

By the way, I have read in customizing help, that you have to set a environment variable called "Path_to_codepage" which should normally be there when installing SAP Gui. In my case, it is not there so I will proove this...

Any other ideas?

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

I'm pretty sure this is a limitation of the ITS and Webgui as documented in note 314568 that you have already found.

Edgar