cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ref: How to Hold Idoc in XI for few minutes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a requirement in one of my scenario like Idoc->BPM->file....where in i am using BPM for receiving Idoc and do some status updates back to R/3.

but my requirement is i need to hold this Idoc until some specific time due to the Business requirment.

for ex:- Assume If i receive the Idoc by 2.55 i need to hold it for 5 min and deliver the message or start processing at 3.00 PM exactly.

Can any one suggests how to acheive this functionality.

Thanks in advance....for your suggestions...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

Other way round solution is Use a wait step by maintaining trigger time as value in the IDoc..

regards

Harsha Paruchuri

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope below link will help you, we can execute interface in specific time period.

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/01/05/delayed-xi-message-processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is some business reason that it will be triggered 5 min before in Sender R/3.....

One more clarification if i use Sender/Reciever ID configuration using Sender Business System and Interface/Idoc.....and schedule it exaclty 3.00 PM what happens if the Idoc hits Xi at 2.56....? any suggestions or will it work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Requirement is i need to schedule this interface exactly at 3.00 PM and if i get the Idoc before this time and need to get the differance time and keep it on hold for that duration...

Thanks

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

Instead of holding the IDocs in XI, it is better to hold it in the Sender system (R/3).

And once it is 3.00 send it to PI and do the processing

Regards

Suraj

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

You can also use wait step of the BPM

Regards

Suraj

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

put a wait step in BPM with 5 minutes

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Feb 16, 2010 5:04 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the logic as mentioned by Samiullah:

write a UDF in your mapping and introduce the sleep period of 5mins....the processing will be held for that duration.

Regards,

Abhishek.