cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding RFC Function module in Multimapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to use RFC function module in Multimapping at target side.I want to call RFC Function based on some condition, if condition fails i dont want to call the Function Module. So i need to change the occurance of target RFC Message to 0...1 When

i try to change occurance in messages tab, it is displaying message that RFC Function module not found. When i change

occurance to 1..1, then it is showing RFC structure in mapping properly. I am suspecting why it is behaving like this.

Can we use RFC Function Module in Multimapping??. Please share ur experience on this.

Thanks,

Balu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://www.saptechies.com/multiple-occurrence-of-file-to-single-occurrence-of-rfc/

The above link is useful for your query

Regards

Abhijit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found answer myself by doing one sample interface, I did interface determination in which i used multiple inbound interfaces and i used condition for every interface.

Now according to condition it is going to different inbound interfaces and receiver agreements.

Thanks,

Balu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

1. Editing of the XML structure wont work.. if im nt wrong.

2.So i need to change the occurance of target RFC Message to 0...1 When

i try to change occurance in messages tab, ...

not needed. U can create a local extra variable in target above the RFC heirarchy(0ccurence 0..1).

When u r mapping this extra field... check the condition u want and create or not create accordingly..

So if condition fails then even the RFC is not called or created.

Try it once,let us know still the problem occurs..

Babu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC can be used in MultiMapping.....Export RFC to your local machine --> Change the occurence --> Import the RFC back into XI/ PI ....try the same procedure as we do it for changing the occurence of IDOC......check if this helps.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. You mean to say,

i need to import XSD to my local machine and after changing occurance to 0..1 then again need to import this xsd to XI as External Definition.

OR

I just need to import XSD to my local machine and with out changing any orrurance to 0..1, i need to import this xsd to XI as External Definition.

Pls let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i need to import XSD to my local machine and after changing occurance to 0..1 then again need to import this xsd to XI as 
External Definition.

Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are asking me to change the occurance to root node, which is not possible. Always XML root node occurance will be 1..1.

Please let me know if i am wrong.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go ahead with simple multimapping concept. No Export and import of RFC structure is required.

But you have to omit all the BAPI records which are not required (you said some condition). Use some mapping logic to eliminate such records in the multimapping. only pass the valid records.

In ID use enhanced interface determination and use this multimapping.

Thats it.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I need to send RFC data based on some condition, always my RFC may not genarate. If data validation is wrong, then i dont want to send this RFC to target system. So i need to change the occurance in target RFC message.

regards,

Balu

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us assume that the data validation fails, then dont generate any RFC messages. This is possible with simple mapping functions and UDF.

Between what is ur source system...

- Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

If target message root node occurance is 1.1, you can not stop execution of message mapping by checking some condition. Please check in your system for the same.

thanks,

Balu

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you do multi mapping, the occurence for RFC message will be 0..unbounded

Check any multimapping blog on SDN.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body cofirm how below sender message will behave in Interface Determination,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MT_FILE1 xmlns:ns0="http://ctrlanddataconceptsinglereceiver">

<Structure>

<sex>male</sex>

<ID>12</ID>

<Desig>cons</Desig>

<Sal>1000</Sal>

</Structure>

<Structure>

<sex>female</sex>

<ID>12</ID>

<Desig>cons</Desig>

<Sal>1000</Sal>

</Structure>

</ns0:MT_FILE1>

In my interface determination, i will add 2 inbound interfaces and two mappings.

For first interface i will check condition like if Structure/sex=male then it has to goto one receiver agreement

For second interface i will check condition like if Structure/sex=female, then it has to goto another receiver agreement.

But in my sender payload sex is male and female also. Will it execute 2 receiver agreements???.

My openion is it will go through 2 interface mappings and it will execute 2 receiver agreements.

Thanks,

Balu.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess you are not doing the multimapping here, rather you are doing standard interface determination with conditional routing.

Can you elaborate the steps in your scenario..................?

Check my blog if you are doing standard interface determination with conditional routing: [XI/PI: Extended Receiver Determination with Conditional Context Object interface Determination|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/16541] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

- praveen.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Feb 17, 2010 10:28 PM