cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Manager GUI on Win 2008 64bit - ERROR -24875

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following error by create a new database with the DBM GUI 7.6 on MAXDB 7.6.6:

2010-02-15 11:17:59 0x0000095c 0 DBM command db_create -a

2010-02-15 11:17:59 0x0000095c ERR -24875 DBM ERR_NEEDADMI: The operating system user is not a member of the database administrators group.

When I use the example script create_demo_db.cmd, it works.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure that the User, with which you have open DBM GUI to create DB Instance, is having Administration Rights and having "log-on-as-batch-job" authorization ?

If the database instance is to be created locally then the user logged onto the operating system must possess administration rights.

If the database instance is to be created on a remote server then the specified system user must possess both administration rights and also the log on as batch job authorization.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik ,

the user has adminitrative rights. It is the Adminitrator. I have also started the program with administrator privileges.

Best regards

Thomas Eichler

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> the user has adminitrative rights. It is the Adminitrator. I have also started the program with administrator privileges.

That permission (policy) must be explicitly assigned (Start - execute - gpedit.msc)

This is e. g. also a reason why you have to log off in a very early stage of a new installation on Windows - after those permissions have been assigned.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

the permissions are set, it does not work anyway. As I said, if I use a script, it works. Only when I use the DBM GUI, it does not work.

Thomas

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas Eichler,

Please see the SAP Note No. 889251 for the solution.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina