cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job step and spool request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have scheduled one background job say BNG_JOB,it contains 8 steps which includes couple of steps with same ABAP report and variant.I want to find the spool requests which was generated by step 4.As we know table TBTCP is there to check it,but it won't show all the spool request generated by that particular step due to spool overflow.Is there any way to find out all the spool requests generated by a particular step(ie. table which contains: Job name <> Spool request <>step name <--> list ID)

Also a printer,say PRTX has been defined for a particular step,but during execution the output of that step prints to other printer,sat PRTY.I have checked the print specifications for that particular step,its showing the correct printer only.

Please help me on those two doubts.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopi L.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> .I want to find the spool requests which was generated by step 4.

If you display the steps in SM37 you can display the spool output for each step separately.

> As we know table TBTCP is there to check it,but it won't show all the spool request generated by that particular step due to spool overflow.

what do you mean by that?

> Is there any way to find out all the spool requests generated by a particular step(ie. table which contains: Job name <> Spool request <>step name <--> list ID)

Transaction SM37

> Also a printer,say PRTX has been defined for a particular step,but during execution the output of that step prints to other printer,sat PRTY.I have checked the print specifications for that particular step,its showing the correct printer only.

Someone may have changed the printer definition.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In SM37,the step won't show all the spool requests generated by it.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopi L.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I select a job in SM37 and I click on "spool" I get a list with separate spool entries for each of the steps, e. g.

Programmname/Kommand   Programmtyp   Spoolliste

Z_MM_STAT_UPDATE_WERK  ABAP             1707445
ZSLEEP                 Ext. Kommando
Z_MM_STAT_UPDATE_WERK  ABAP             1707459
Z_MM_STAT_UPDATE_MARA  ABAP             1721423
Z_MM_STAT_UPDATE_WERK  ABAP             1721437
Z_MM_STAT_UPDATE_MARA  ABAP             1721446
Z_MM_STAT_UPDATE_WERK  ABAP             1721447
Z_MM_STAT_UPDATE_VKORG ABAP             1721471
Z_MM_STAT_UPDATE_VKORG ABAP             1721521
Z_MM_STAT_UPDATE_VKORG ABAP             1721816

It's in German but I'm sure you get the idea. For each Z_MM_STAT_UPDATE and variant I have a separate spool list that I can display.

Markus