cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM, FI transactions supported???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

First of all pardon me for my juvenile query...

But I have question..

When we use mobile infrastructure to connect to ERP (SAP backend)...

what are the transactions that I can run???

I have extensively MM and FI transactions... Is it possible...

can u pls guide me to some document that shows the transactions that I can run using MI..

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Teja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mobile provides a platform to mobilize data and applications (like MM and FI that you just mentioned). It itself does not provide any feature (or transactions) specific to MM/FI/SRM/HR or whatever else. Those features are (obviously) available in your ERP/backend system. You can use MI to bring those features into a mobile device (e.g. a PDA) via MI.

This is how the systems are connected:

ERP   <----> MI <-----> PDA

Clearly, MI is the guy who talks to the ERP and the PDA and plumbs data between them. It doesn't provide any 'transactions'. It does however, have its own set of transactions (used to develop/administer the platform) but that has nothing to do with MM/FI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun,

Thank you for ur inputs...

I just wanted to know if all transactions that run in ERP be it in MM/FI/HR can be accessed thru MI..

say we have a PDA... and the network is down.. will I still be able to carry out the transactions????

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a little confused by the word transaction.

If by 'transaction' you mean the ABAP transactions (which one opens up in SAPGUI), then: These transactions cannot be opened from a device.

Here's how the whole thing works (at a very high level):

The backend will expose RFC enabled FMs, which the MI system consumes. The device then 'synchronizes' with the MI system to obtain only data (UI is not there in the picture). The device then renders this data in a UI that exists on the device only.

-

On the other hand, if by 'transaction' you mean performing the kind of work that a mobile application on a PDA will allow you to run, then you can definitely do it if you have an occasionally connected application on the device. You will typically work on the PDA without being connected at all. And once in a while you 'synchronize' with the MI server to send your work to the backend and receive any new data from the backend.

Edited by: Arjun Shankar on Feb 16, 2010 12:20 PM