cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maping of an XML file to RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where the PI receives an XML response (the interface is of a predefined xsd type) from an HTTP destination; I need to pass the same to the ABAP system using an RFC. Can I use any standard mapping function to map the XML file of type xsd to a string parameter of the RFC ? How should I do the mapping ?

Just to elaborate:

The source message is of type xsd ; the target message is of datatype string. Can I pass the file as such to the string using any mapping function available?

Helpful answers will be rewarded ; thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The source message is of type xsd.Can I pass the file as such to the string using any mapping function available

You can create and External definition out of the source xsd.Use it in the mapping as source and use the RFC as the target.

Now in the graphical mapping, if you want to send an xml to a single string parameter at target you could refer to the blog already been suggested above.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

You can either use XSLT or Java mapping to achieve this. Also check this blog: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/01/xi-xml-node-into-a-string-with-graphical-mapping

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can map the XML response message alone to the string parameter of the RFC in message mapping.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A bit confused about your requirement.....are you looking at Converting a complete message into a string and passing it into one field of the target structure? If yes, then it can be achieved using XSLT/ JAVA mapping.

Regards,

Abhishek.