cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

I activated 09 inspection type for Materail.once batch is expired stock is going to RESTRICTED STOCK from Unrecticted stock,

but Sales people still able to do delivery wat could the reason. any setttings has to add to restict delivery of restrcited stock

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure why your sales people can create a delivery with restricted stock. SAP standard is that restricted stock can only be used on STO's. It cannot be sold. This is to allow for moving problem material back to plants for reprocessing/recovery. Maybe it is possible that your client has done something custom to allow restricted stock to be sold.

As far as QA07, it is designed so that if batch status management is active, then any expired material is marked as restricted batch status. It is not moved to block stock. This is the standard QA07 program. Contrary to what previous posters have indicated, you cannot influence this in QA07. The material only goes to block stock only if batch status management is turned off.

If you click on the blue information icon on the menu bar while in QA07 the documentation clearly indicates this. I have pasted the related portion below.

An alternative for you is to create inspection lots which use the next inspection date.

Or you have to write your own QA07.

Craig

Monitoring the batch expiration date

If the batch expiration date is exceeded, transfer postings are made.

The following requirements must be fulfilled for this purpose:

o The batch expiration date is exceeded in the opening period, this

means: Current date + lead time > batch expiration date

o The indicator for blocking the batch is set.

The following transfer postings are made if these requirements are fulfilled:

o If the batch status management in the batch plant is active, the

batch status is changed from "released" to "not released".

o If the batch status management in the batch plant is not active, the

batch stock is posted to the blocked stock.

If the indicator for blocking the batch is not set, the system only outputs one notification in the log.

If the expiration date is not specified in the batch, an inspection is not performed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig

ya you are right

i already set the BATCH STATUS mangemnt as ACTIVE if expiry dates is reached within 10 days.

system is moving from unresctived stock to Restrcied stock,

in mb52 Iam able to see very clearly that the stock is lying in the RESCTIED Area agiant same batch.

But sales people are still able to delivery from restcied stock also.

wat could be the reaosn any setting required from Qm Or Sd side

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might try here in config if you are WM managed.

Logistics-General>Batch management>Batch Status Management-->Activate Batch Status Change in Warehouse Management

Also check the checking rules in place in configuration. Usually companies keep these as delivered. But some companies copy the provided ones a Z rule and modify them. You mihgt need your SD person to help you figure out which checking rules are in place for which orders/proceses.

Materials management>Inventory management and physical inventory>Goods Issue/Transfer posting-->Set up Dynamic Availability Check

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In QA07 itself you can give weather you want to block the batch status change when expiry reached if you tick that check box then perticular material will go to block at time expiry .

Regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

please check your stock really in Block stock .

Once your stock will go in blocked stock then system will not allow sales people to sale

Check your QA07 Deadline monitering what you have given weather stock should be go in block stock at lot creation

Also check batch status change when expiration date reached weather their Block Batch check box on or not .

Regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

i did same like u told,

but wat is the batch status mangement to activate. can you tell me which t code where we shud blcok that if it expires it shud be blocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

in QA07 itself you can decide whether the qty. of batch is to be go to the Quality stock or blocked stock.