cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager for Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our company installed SAP Solution Manager EHP1 and using Windows MaxDB. This is the first time that we're going to implement Solution Manager.

I'm assigned to work on the configuration for Solman Service Desk for VAR as a start. I'm new to SAP configuration, please let me know which document should I refer to that has step by step guide with screen dumps.

I have read through a couple of documents and the config docs are not that user friendly.

Please help.

Thanks.

Edited by: Susan Chou on Feb 16, 2010 7:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check following link

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000776062009E/Howto_ServiceDesk.pdf

you can search for service desk configuration in this forum and you will get many links/doc related to service desk configutration.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Thanks for the assistance, the guide you provided is more of a user guide rather than a configuration guide. Please let me know if you have a more detailed configuration document.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are several good blog existing for the configuraiton of Service Desk.. Please have a look on them.. A few I am listing here..

/people/bruyneel.guillaume/blog/2008/05/02/service-desk-implementation-guide-part-i

/people/bruyneel.guillaume/blog/2008/06/13/service-desk-implementation-guide-part-ii

/people/kamran.ellahi2/blog/2006/01/13/setting-up-sap-service-desk-123-and-go

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/14/service-desk-configuration-guide-for-dummies

Rajeev

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for the assistance, the guide you provided is more of a user guide rather than a configuration guide. Please let me know if you have a more detailed configuration document.

Hi Susan,

There is no other configuration gudie relevant for VAR Service Desk than this document:

Configuration of Service Desk für VAR (ST400 SP18+) Sept 09

Read and folllow the guide. The guide refers to the relevant configuration sections in your SAP Solution Manager system.

The guide has been proven as worth by several VARs, who are already live with Service Desk.

What information do you expect? What's missing?

Best regards,

Ruediger

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> There are several good blog existing for the configuraiton of Service Desk.. Please have a look on them.. A few I am listing here..

Hi Rajeev,

Configuration for VAR Service Desk is special and it's fully covered by guides published by SAP.

I am afraid, that blogs on General Service Desk may lead to a wrong configuration.

The blogs might be helpful as an additional information, but it's always required to double check, whether the described general configuration is the same for VARs Service Desk.

Regards,

Ruediger

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

As far as I know, you need to have the general configuration in place before concentrating on the VAR part. The configurations required for the VAR was already mentioned in this post by you (the links). As the requestor is not yet sure how to start, I thought he might need some info about the general part, thats the reason of giving these blogs to him.

Please excuse me if this leads to any confusion.

Rajeev

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

No problem, I really appreciate your valuable contributions in this forum.

Basic configuration should be also covered in "our" guide.

Anyway, hopefully Susan has received the appropiate information.

Best regards from Walldorf,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for your contribution. I've went through all these previously, the screens are totally different to that of version 7.0 EHP1.

I can't find a more comprehensive guide other than Configuration of Service Desk für VAR (ST 400 SP18+) Sept 09.

Have you implemented Service Desk VAR in your organization?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Our company installed SAP Solution Manager EHP1 and using Windows MaxDB. This is the first time that we're going to implement Solution Manager.

>

> I'm assigned to work on the configuration for Solman Service Desk for VAR as a start. I'm new to SAP configuration, please let me know which document should I refer to that has step by step guide with screen dumps.

>

> I have read through a couple of documents and the config docs are not that user friendly.

>

Hi Susan,

All relevant documents are available here:

-> Setup Documents

This is the guide, you need to follow:

Configuration of Service Desk für VAR (ST400 SP18+) Sept 09

SAP Note 1023598 - SAP Solution Manager Service Desk for service providers

Expert Guided Implementation

This session will help you very much: Expert Guided Implementation for VAR Service Desk

General information should also be available through your Partner Service Advisor (PSA).

SDN forum for VARs: [/community ;

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

I started off and referred to Configuration of Service Desk für VAR (ST 400 SP18+) Sept 09. We installed Solution Manager 7.00 EHP1. I noticed that it's not a step-by-step guide. Do you have any other document to refer to me?

Also, there's no need to implement as this note states that it provides an overview of the most important notes for activating the service provider function in SAP Solution Manager 7.0. Let me know if my understanding is not right.

You mentioned that Basic configuration should be also covered in "our" guide. This piece is the one done during the installation part under SOLMAN_SETUP, right?

Please help.

Thanks.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I started off and referred to Configuration of Service Desk für VAR (ST 400 SP18+) Sept 09. We installed Solution Manager 7.00 EHP1. I noticed that it's not a step-by-step guide. Do you have any other document to refer to me?

>

> Also, there's no need to implement as this note states that it provides an overview of the most important notes for activating the service provider function in SAP Solution Manager 7.0. Let me know if my understanding is not right.

>

> You mentioned that Basic configuration should be also covered in "our" guide. This piece is the one done during the installation part under SOLMAN_SETUP, right?

Hi Susan,

Sorry to tell, in our perspective the mentioned Config Guide is a step by step description, which should be sufficient to complete the configuration.

Give us feedback, if information is missing or if it's not well described. We are able to update the configuration guide.

Feel free to post specific questions in this forum or in the SolMan VAR forum 351.

If you require further help, Expert Guided Implementation (see link in my first answer) could be your choice or requesting help from a consultant.

Get in contact with your Partner Service Advisor and discuss your needs.

Note 1023598 is our central corrective note to ensure proper function of VAR Service Desk in SolMan.

Read the SAP Note and follow the instructions (that is implement via SNOTE and follow the steps in Section 2 for your relevant Support Package Level). The Note was updated last week and will be updated on demand, you should subscribe it.

Yes, Basis configuration is done via SOLMAN_SETUP.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Edited by: Ruediger Stoecker on Feb 19, 2010 10:53 AM answer imrpoved.