cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread Locked ..Good But Where is the reason?

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Respect moderators,

Below thread is locked ..

Good there is some thing wrong...But isn't the moderator's Turn to put a small comment on it(Or their stamp) stating the reason for locking the thread?

Regards

sas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please help asap.

Isn't it self-explanatory?

pk

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir KishanJi

Yes it is ....But The new bee's should also no that ..I just given example like this There are plenty of threads which they lock simply Will take time to understand reason behind that...As a matter of fact ASAP word should be hidden by filters which its not? So ....

Locking of thread is not keeping forum clean & green ...Making people aware is main motive...Any offence?

Regards

sas

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be a good lesson to the OP to not ask an ASAP question again....once he/she realises his/her folly

pk

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Difference is you are pointing to Individual and I am pointing to Community

See If some one Brand new one goes through that thread they should realize The reason ..Its not vice versa Do the mistake and Learn from that ....

Sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that Sikindar has given him a chance and I removed the rude ASAP comment as well.

Personally I feel that it also depends also on whether the OP is a repeat offender or not. New bees sometimes misunderstand the rules but generally react very positively to a discrete removal of the post or an edit. Also the post has a usefull answer already so that is always a tough decision.

I have a black-list of those who I have already done enough explaining to. If they post a meaningless subject titles, expecting others to do their work for them without providing much details and then still ASAP, then I have plenty of better things to do than explain it again so I also just lock and reject.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That Sounds Reasonable Julius..you are correct...Personally I feel a little exceptions we may give....As this word "ASAP" we commonly use even when we are writing professional mails .(Just Instead of locking it directly we can always put stamp warning 1 , Warning 2 ...:) and also Because Dilek has spend lot of time for research of notes & to write the reply )

I like to add one more point .....Your dedication for Quick replies and Quick Fixing is Tremendous ...

Regards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then we would need to create some short of number range to keep track of the sequence and people might want to know exactly how many warnings are "allowed".

I would prefer to keep the advantage of surprise and counting to about 5, or maybe even 10 or so. Or maybe not...

Anyway, 99% of these problems can be solved in advance with the 1% effort of doing a quick check on the OP before answering.

- No. of posts.

- No. of questions.

- No. of unresolved questions.

- No. of recent posts which are cross-posted.

- No. of ponits for also answering questions (Forum ponits tab).

- No. of ponits for following up on questions (Additional ponits tab).

- etc... etc... and of course the question itself.

You quickly learn how to spot forum trolls.

Cheers,

Julius

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answer for your question is there in the forum rules of engagement.

keshav

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For better ease can you paste that Particular paragraph Here?

Regards

Sas

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry ....Its not hard to read it.

Please see the link:[Forum Rules of Engagement |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement] before posting to avoid potential problems (e.g. your posts are deleted).

This message is tagged in all the forums.

Keshav

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy First No apologies ...

Coming to point you are well known of forum rules as we are been from long time ....

I belive you know our education system where we dont (Almost) never use Internet or Forum until we start our Jobs ..............

Ok let's say we dont bother ...But still its our duty to put a single reason so they wont repeat- or New one wont repeat the same mistakes and get GUSTIFIED....

I hope you got my point Cheers have a nice day

Regards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

> But still its our duty to put a single reason so they wont repeat- or New one wont repeat the same mistakes

Yes, I agree with you. Most do respond very positively if they are shown clearly that there are rules, so this is generally a good practice.

But there are others for whom it is clear as daylight that they are taking a chance and know exactly why it is being deleted. If they don't read their mails either then moderators can't do much about it.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ya This is my point about the entire <removed_by_moderator>.

Thanks for understanding , making understnad and also crystal clear ...

Sas

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 22, 2010 11:57 AM

ps: I had to look that word up and almost fell off my chair...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll wait for the Abuse Reports to come in and let you know...

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean Entire system...Am i written some thing That much wrong to feel out of chair??

Sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

LOL i remember what word was used and just googled to know it means. Better Sas know the meaning of the words he uses here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now we know that the word "system" was meant... so all is well.

I think Urdu and ABAP are closer to each other as a language than what those two words are...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah the words 'Entire System' suits even well You could keep Sas as your personal translator when you are in Bangalore for this years TechEd. He must be knowing Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam etc.. very well

Vikranth

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> so all is well.

Hi JB,

I really do not surprised if you have watched recent Bollywood movie

[Cheers|http://www.google.co.in/#hl=en&rlz=1R2ADRA_enIN354&q=alliswelllyrics3idiots&meta=&aq=0&oq=alliswell%2B+&fp=d41f4b4739cdf36b]

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OHHHH...Julius Amazing //////

I dont know is that you really writing this ??? But it't true every Indian love to read this kind of stuff....

3 idiots is really great stuff which has given big shame on education system.

and more Wondering you are saying about Chennai stree name's(Are you staying in India now ).???

> Sas knows Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam Etc

You want to keep Sas as Translator vikranth ? You are expecting billgates to come and help Microsoft issue

Any way I am happy to help But i think its costly....;)

Hmm Staying in Bangalore from long time But never knows native language ...But still all my collegues believe that I know the language well But they dont know that I just read their body language and answer for that

Regards

Sas

Edited by: saslove sap on Feb 23, 2010 7:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> ...But still all my collegues believe that I know the language well But they dont know that I just read their body language and answer for that

LOL!