cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of WCM to maintennace order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured the WCM components in our Development Client, we do not have IDES to refer.

The Permits are created in IPMD

The relevant permits are maintained in the technical object for proposal

Under Activate WCM for maintenance orders, I have maintained the relevant permits and the object type assignment as OR (Order)

The maintenance order is created, the propsed permits are released in the maintenance order. How ever I can not find the WCM objects(Work Approval or Work clearance Application) in the order.

On the other hand, I set the permit usage as WCM relevant (B) and tried out, but the permit is not at all proposed in the maintenance order.

Can any one help me to activate the WCM

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member349429
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

it looks like that you have configured very well the activation of WCM by assigning a approval. Futhermore you need a WCM configuration for the planning plant, where you want to activate the WCM process. Than you can create an order for this plant and the system will activate the WCM when assigning the special permit to this order.

I recommend to you to read the online documentation. Here you can find a special chapter about the activation process. Further (good) reasons for a "missing" push buttons can be found.

Regards, Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Thanks and appreciate the guidance.

For information, I have set an Enhanced Model for the planning plant 1000 and the standard model for the planning plant 2000.

The approvals and lock out / tag out configurations are set as per online documentation.

still I can not see the WCM objects in the mainteannce order.

To move forward:

1. I can not see the WCM transactions in the SAP main menu.

a. That means I need to activate the WCM functionality some where in the IMG

b. If yes, guide me what is the business extension to be activated

C. may be with this activation, I can able to see the WCM objects in the mainteannce order.

2. If you can forward some documents touching these areas it will be great

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I'm facing the same problem that WCM transactions missing in the SAP main menu.

Have you resolved this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am facing exactly same issue. Could you please write here how your issue finally got resolved??

Regards,

Pavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if your using Enhanced Model then

Check if the below works :

1. Check if the config under PM>WCM>Enhancements-->Assign Approvals Here assign assign the permits to WCM objects like WA Work Clearance Application and use copy automaticaly option so that these permits can be copied automatically

2. in PM>WCM>Activate Work Clearnace Management for MO here assign WCM Permit to type WA Work Clearnace Application ,type 1 etc..

Ensure the MO is created for the same Maintenance Planning plant for which WCM is activate .

regards

pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa,

Thanks for the imediate response.

As pointed out by you, I have checked my configurations.

1. PM > WCM> Enhancements--> Assign Approvals

I have already maintained the Permits assigned with Work clearance application as the object type, the check box ticked are

a. Approval mandatory

b. Copy automatically

2. PM> WCM> Activate Work Clearnace Management for Maintenance Order

I have maintained the permits assigned with OR as the object type. As per suggestion, I deleted those entries and created new entries with assignment object as Work clearance Application

3. IL01 - I have created a new functional location with the maintenance planning plant activated for WCM

4. The Permits are assigned to the functional location with indicator proposal

5. I have created the maintennace order, the permits are proposed by default.

6. The permits are released in the maintenance order

7. But still I can't find the WCM objects

Hopefully I am missing some minor steps

A. PM > WCM> Enhancements--> Assign Approvals

Do I need to maintain the permit assigment to all the WCm objects like WCD and Work approval

B. Do I need to mention the permit is restrict to use only to WCM in IPMD. If I do this, the permit is not at all proposed in the maintenance order.

Please suggest

Kind regards,

Raj