cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHC Skipping Create PO Backend BAdI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a scenario here where we have upgraded our SRM to SRM 5.0.

Previously we have implemented the BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK BAdI and have now ported it over to BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW.

I have since de-activated the old BAdI and have gone so far as to comment out the code.

Recently we have encountered that some of our SHC's after approval is encountering errors with the document type.

The document type for PO is determined in the BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW BAdI. I put an infinite loop in the BAdI and used SM66 to go into the debugging.

I found out however, that some shopping carts enter the BAdI and some do not. We created two shopping carts and approved them one after the other in quick succession but only one went into the infinite loop.

The other just errored out because the document type was not set as it did not go through the BAdI.

Does anyone know what is happening here? Why does one SHC enter the BAdI and one does not.

Thanks in advance

Nicholas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

if you have correctly deactivated the BADI (at header level), it should not be called.

Old BADIs recognized as being active are called autoamtically.

The existing BAdIs for changing the parameters for generating documents in the backend system have been replaced by new BAdIs, but the default implementation still supports these old BAdIs.

Are your 2 SC similar ?

I mean the second one is supposed to create a PO also (and not a PR, or a R) ?

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe

Yeah, thats exactly what the documentation said so I am a little stumped. I deactivated the BAdI at the implementation level.

I do not know if it does go to the old BAdI but I do not think so cos I tried to put an infinite loop in the old one as well.

Even if its not going to the old one its still not going to the new one.

The SC created is the same as the old one, only the quantity is different.

Answers (0)