cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Park or Hold shopping carts created from external requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We're on ECC EHP3 & SRM 7 SRM server highest support pack 5. I have used SAP documentation to configure SRM system to create external requirement shopping carts from purchase req's (Plan driven procurement). These shopping carts however by default are being ordered, rather than saved/hold/park. My requirement is to create shoping cart and hold/park it so the user can come in and make changes.

Is there a BAdI or standard configuration that can help me?

Regards,

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed

Not possible as per standard.

Always PR must be changed and SC never changed as per standard.

but if you want you can break SAP code by BADI.

Always precedence document must be changed.

it like that for example

initially i will request 100 qty PR and in SC you are trying to change 23 . SAP will not agree for your agreement.

whatever you want to do it, you can do in PR only.

In SRM , buyer can only propose a vendor and price. I believe remaining data you may not be changed.

check it up.

THANKS

mUTHU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu, for the input.

Well I have looked at document change, document save BAdIs but there is no flag that i can use to hold/park document.

I can modify the standard program or copy the report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER to achieve desired functionality, but it is not what i recommend for a solution. If someone knows or a more standard way like a BAdI or something that will be helpful.

Regards,

Ali

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check with business from the scratch itself and clarify your statement and double confirm with SAP is it possible to it.

i am afraid of synchronisation of data between both systems.

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not want to leave the line items editable, and I hop to find another BAdI for this. There are custom fields created on header level that are to be filled by the the user and the shopping cart to be ordered manually, so as to go through the approval process in the workflow.

Any ideas?

Regards

Ali

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

as per standard SRM says only buyer has to handle your PR turned shopping carts for sourcing.

you always keep control via release stratergy of \purchase request.

and give way to buyer to only source your cart.

can you share what business exactly requires viaPR turned Shopping carts.

since you bring all approved /Released PR - SC to SRM. Why do you want to hammer the shopping cart again in the SRM?

please open new thread. i believe i disturbed your thread.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu,

As I mentioned earlier, there are custom fields (very client specific) that are to be filled before the shopping cart is ordered. These fields are contracting department specific, and thus are only to be filled in the SC. My original technical quiestion is whether a shopping cart can be parked instead of ordering when replicating PR in SRM through Plan driven scenario.

I guess the answer is no, they can't.

Many thanks,

Regards

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

some think interesting . you may like this

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5082a622-7310-2c10-1a9b-ef31dd69a...

from Prasanna contributions

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is interesting indeed.

Thanks Muthu.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Did you find the solution for this requirement ?..

Here is solution what I have done similar requirement in one of my client. Basically when the PR is getting transfer from ECC ( Plan Driven Procurement ) by default the SC will be released to purchaser to process the Purchase order via Sourcing. N-step workflow will not be triggered even though you have activated N-Step WF. The way system is checks whether the SC creates manually in SRM or ECC via SC Header level Subtype. If the SC header level subtype is 'EC u2013 External Requirement' then Workflow will not be triggered else workflow will be triggered.

CLEAR the export parameter 'ES_HEADER-SUBTYPE' in the Change Badi (BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI) . Then call the FM 'BBP_PD_SC_STATUS_CHANGE' to park the sc...

If you just implement the above logic then irrespective of anytime SC will be hold even you create manually in SRM. Be care to develop your logic.

My requirement will be little different. My requirement is hold the SC only when the PS(Project System based) PR is getting transferred to SRM. I have one more condition to hold the SC. if your requirement is same as mine then you have to check the acc.assignment too...

Please let me know if you need more information..

Regards,

Saravanan.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds Good !

will you do change any item other than price or vendor in the shopping cart?

BR

Muthu

Answers (0)