cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.io.EOFException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We just upgraded our MII system from version 12.1.3 Build(65) to 12.1.4 Build(53). When I ran a transaction consisting some SQL query action blocks, I faced the following exception message. The same transaction executed fine before upgrading. Can somebody explain whats going on here.

Regards,

Chanti.

java.io.EOFException

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: java.io.EOFException

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.UDC.UDCQuery.doQuery(UDCQuery.java:131)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.UDC.UDC.doProcessRequest(UDC.java:92)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.AbstractConnector.processRequest(AbstractConnector.java:90)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.QueryEngine.run(QueryEngine.java:39)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.services.handlers.IlluminatorService.processRequest(IlluminatorService.java:72)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.services.ServiceManager.run(ServiceManager.java:68)

at com.sap.xmii.servlet.Illuminator.service(Illuminator.java:68)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at com.sap.xmii.servlet.ServletRunner.run(ServletRunner.java:80)

at com.sap.xmii.common.LocalServiceConnection$RequestRunner.run(LocalServiceConnection.java:199)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:664)

Caused by: java.io.EOFException

at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:358)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.lisa.DataReader.read(DataReader.java:20)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.UDC.UDCQuery.doQuery(UDCQuery.java:128)

... 10 more

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The error is being generated from a tag query. Check to make sure all of your connections are working properly and enabled. Are there any other errors in the log or what happens when you run the transaction in the workbench?

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems obvious its coming from the Tag query. When I try to make sure each of the query works fine by generating a sample XML, it throws exception messages like "Server Name can't be blank", "Mode can't be blank" etc. However, I am referencing all the parameters in the link editor. Why is it still complaining?

There are more error messages in the logs. Check the below one too.

Chanti.

Unable to run the query

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: java.io.EOFException

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.services.handlers.IlluminatorService.processRequest(IlluminatorService.java:84)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.services.ServiceManager.run(ServiceManager.java:68)

at com.sap.xmii.servlet.Illuminator.service(Illuminator.java:68)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at com.sap.xmii.servlet.ServletRunner.run(ServletRunner.java:80)

at com.sap.xmii.common.LocalServiceConnection$RequestRunner.run(LocalServiceConnection.java:199)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:664)

Caused by: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: java.io.EOFException

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.AbstractConnector.processRequest(AbstractConnector.java:115)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.QueryEngine.run(QueryEngine.java:39)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.services.handlers.IlluminatorService.processRequest(IlluminatorService.java:72)

... 6 more

Caused by: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: java.io.EOFException

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.UDC.UDCQuery.doQuery(UDCQuery.java:131)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.UDC.UDC.doProcessRequest(UDC.java:92)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.AbstractConnector.processRequest(AbstractConnector.java:90)

... 8 more

Caused by: java.io.EOFException

at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:358)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.tools.lisa.DataReader.read(DataReader.java:20)

at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.UDC.UDCQuery.doQuery(UDCQuery.java:128)

... 10 more

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can't generated xml based off of linked properties, you need to have a template defined and/or parameters defined in the configuration screen. What happens when you run the transaction?

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heres the message in the trace when I execute the transaction -

[ERROR] [Tag_Query_1]Fatal error message detected: java.io.EOFException

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using Defaults/TagQuery as the template in the configure dialog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to pitch in..... we've just upgraded from 11.5 -> MII 12.1.4 Build(53) and I am also getting the same problems with my iCommand applet (executing a BLS query that goes on to call an underlying SQL query). Funnily enough the iCommand does execute correctly but is returning a false return value when we execute: myICommandOrder.executeCommand()

The java stack trace on my client end is:

updateRComment [ERROR] - Error Message: Unknown stream error: com.sap.xmii.protocol.ProtocolException: java.io.EOFException

com.sap.xmii.applet.common.ResultModelException: Error Message: Unknown stream error: com.sap.xmii.protocol.ProtocolException: java.io.EOFException

at com.sap.xmii.applet.common.BaseApplet.getResultModel(BaseApplet.java:1089)

at com.sap.xmii.applet.command.CommandApplet.executeQuery(CommandApplet.java:500)

at com.sap.xmii.applet.command.CommandApplet.executeCommand(CommandApplet.java:318)

On server side not seeing any errors so must be a java applet thing?

The underlying query templates/transactions that the iCommand applet executes successfully...... its just throwing this error for some reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chanti,

Look at the below threads for similar issue.

[Thread 1|]

[Thread 2|]

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is happening when reading the values from a bunch of tags on KEPware server. The tags are being inputted as a tab delimited stringlist to the BLS.

I am also seeing some warning messages in the logs.

***MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize java.io.EOFException

***MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize com.sap.xmii.illuminator.logging.LHException: java.io.EOFException

Any other thoughts?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I think you need to explain exactly what you are doing. Also, do you have any problems creating a new tag query using your connection? If you use this tag query in a transaction does it work?

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any problem in creating a simple tag query. The problem is when reading a bunch of tags inputed as a tab delimited stringlist. Some of the tags are blank. The tag query doesn't work whe used in a BLS transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is the exact reason, but the system is interpreting missing tag names as "null". I am seeing messages like "[INFO] [Tracer_2]Could not add "null" to the response list.". I didn't see this happening in the earlier versions.

Is there a fix for this?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would recommend that you enter a css ticket with an example attached to the message.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is more clarity now. I am 'reading from / writing to' a bunch of tags. But some of those tag names can be blank. In the versions earlier to 12.1.4 Build(53), MII didn't have an issue with tag names being blank. From what I have noticed in this new version, MII is converting those blank tag names to 'null'. Since there are no tags with such name ('null') it is throwing an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turned out to be part of the problem is in the tab delimited Stringlist input. MII appended a '---' in front of each tag value. Took care of it.

But it is still throwing 'java.io.EOFException' error if I have any blank tags and values in the tab delimited Strinlist input. If I remove those blanks the transaction executes without a problem. Any thoughts?

Answers (0)