cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC or any other easy way of checking record content in a file and process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a file coming in from our partner in BAI2 file format using AS2 sender channel (Seeburger - AS2 Adapter).

Our requirement is to ignore the file (dont process) that has 3rd record starting it with X (constant) and amount in position 25 to 34 (10 numeric digit) as zero. Do we have to do FCC for this? Is there any eazy way to check this?

3rd record in a file starts with X and value in position 25 to 34 (10 numeric digit) is zero. Each record is fixed length 80.

We dont care about any other records, fields and values in the file.

What is the better way of doing this in SAP PI?

H AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

R000000 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

X000000 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA000000000000009

T000004D

Regards,

Riya Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

I dont know about seeburger. But 1 option you can try for using Shell script in OS command before processing. This Script should FTP the file and then check the condition, on success the Adapter will move ahead otherwise the file will be dropped and processing should be abrupted. I hope this will work.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

are you processing the file with Seeburger Modules (BIC, Split,..)??

If this is the case, you can check the file with a BIC Mapping and create a dynamic attribute which tells you when to skip the mssage. You can then use this dynamic attribute to skip the Split Module using the parameter "skipExecution".

Using "skipExecution" with the splitter, the message will not be splitted and hence not be processed.

As a said, this only works, if you use Seeburger BIC and Split to process your message.

regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

X000000 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA000000000000009

There is no way to check the contents of the file, until u pick up the file from FTP and check it's contents.

The best way will be write a small adapter module code, to check the above said conditions.

If the condition not satisfies then u stop the execution of the interface else proceed.

In FCC it's tough to check the value of a field 0000000000 in a record.

Better go fr a adapter module code....

Babu

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

I think FCC will be the best solution.

Regards,

J Augastine