cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is SLD value called SystemHome derived?

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a Java-only system with the wrong SystemHome value in the SLD. Whe I check the attributes of my system in the SLD and choose the database tab the value for SystemHome is wrong. How does the SLD establish this value in a Java-only system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I found that the SystemHome value can be modified in the SLD. If you select ADMINISTATION-->CONTENT MAINTAINENCE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Timothy,

We are having a similar problem. We get the message 'Managing System 'OPG.SystemHome.sapopg' is not registered in the SLD. System OPG is a Solution Manager system installed in a Unix HA (High Availability) environment and is using its own local SLD where it is registered. The virtual hostnames are sapopg (application server) and oraopg (database server) and these are seperate Unix servers.

In the SLD under Administration -> Content Maintenance, there's an entry for 'OPG.SystemHome.oraopg' but no entry for 'OPG.SystemHome.sapopg'. The error we get is on the 'OPG.SystemHome.sapopg' entry not registered.

I want to try modifying this entry in the SLD but don't see how. Can you explain how this entry can be changed?

Thanks,

WL

Former Member
0 Kudos

It gets it from DEFAULT.PFL:j2ee/dbhost. I assume the SLD is local to the system.

Gerard

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The SLD is not local to this server. The entry for j2ee/dbhost is correct on this host, but it is NOT the value that is in SystemHome in the SLD.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to Visual admin and check the service SLDDATASUPPLIER.

Check what is a SLD host maintaned there , if it wrong then correct it and restart the the service.

Thanks

Anil

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timothi

System Host name is the System Home name in the Database tab in SLD.

Please let me know how you have find that System Home name is incorrect under database tab?

Thanks

Arun Jaiswal

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Arun,

That is exactly my problem. The SLD setup for this server is correct. I do not have problems with the SLD. The problem is that the data being sent to the SLD is wrong. These are the steps I use to display the problem I'm having:

1.) Login to the SLD server

2.) Select the system with the problem (It is a Java-only machine) the name is QD4 on aix815

3.) Double click on the QD4 entry in order to view the details for this server

4.) Go to the database tab within server details

5.) The first value in the database tab is "System Home". It is set to 162. It should be set to aix815.

I'm trying to determine why the "System Home" value is 162.

Here is my best guess on how this value was set

I know that "162" is the first octect of the IP address for the server aix815. I think that when the Netweaver 2004 application was installed on this server the technician was prompted to provide the server name or IP address. They provided the IP address. The "System Home" value in step 5 is the "short name" for the server - not the fully qualified name - so everything after the first period is ignored. This would set "System Home" to the first octet of the IP address. The IP address of the server is not in any of the files under /usr/sap/QD4/SYS/profile - so where is this system finding "162" ?

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timothi,

I think in Database tab you will see like this

Host Name:

Operating System:

Operating System Release:

IP Address:

You can create newly System in technical landscape with proper DB name and update the SAP Data Supplier in the visual administrator.

I think my mistake '162' is mentioned as DB name.

Hope this will helps you.

Thanks

Arun

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The system, QD4, pushes its data to the SLD. You cannot create a new system using the same name. You cannot delete it from the SLD and attempt to recreate it as a new technical system either.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy

Please try to check SAP NetWeaver Administrator http://host:port/nwa if you can re-run initialization of SLD for QD4.

I think here you can modify you Database System Home by re-running initialization of SLD.

Hope this will helps you.

Thanks

Arun