cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMU in CDESK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

If I have a document strucute with Individual 3d components assigned to line items of document strucuture.Is it possible to view the DMU in Cdesk transaction for the document structure, if all the necessary steps of configuration ( activating DMU parmater in CDESK_CUS transaction ? under a dummy cad system's name ). I tried but could not see any DMU viewing function in CDESK in SAP VIew

I have requirement that without using any CAD interface , I should be able to visualize the 3d model assembly in DMU type of viewing where user could switch off and on the components of a 3d assembly's visibility in ECL VIewer.

Appreciate any advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need the SAP CAD Integration to get the trafos from the CAD System. Once they are saved in SAP PLM, anyone can view the DMU - also without CAD Integration or CAD System present.

The Trafos are saved on Item Level of the Bill of Documents and also on item level for Bill of Materials.

In PLM 7 also Instances were introduced for DMU management - here you could also configure configurations for DMU (empty car - full car).

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if you try and create a document structure using CV11 for the 3D parts / components, you will still be missing the "relation" between the individual parts and the assembly. This is where the CAD integration softwares come handy. They will make sure the relations are translated to SAP.

Hence for your requirement I don't think what you are trying is achievable. On the other hand if your objective is to only see indivdual 3d components one at a time that is possible.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks NK ,

Yes you we require relation to display the component position with respect to assembly and it is called transformation matrix.

I'm assuming the transformation (position coordinates) matrices and bounding boxes are stored in DIR (Document) itself . As you pointed ,right now there is no way except CA-CAD interface creates them but is it possible to creat them by a custom program?

In one of the promo videos of Catia integration, I remember seeing a "DMU add on" created on SAP view of Cdesk. The demonstration used only document structure in SAP view.

I will forward the link. My important quesion is where does this relation stored? in BOM Lineitem or DIR?

Thanks again.