Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PI to move Transport Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

we decided to use File transport.

Just a small query can we use PI system to move the .TPZ file we download for Transport from DEV to QA system.

is there any technical complexity involved in doing this .. ? anything illogical .. ?

pls give me u'r suggestions

thanks

Souz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

Your idea is appreciable...technically its possible....no issue with it....you jus need to crate a file to file scenario with configuration part only as Ravi suggested...but concern is will BASIS provide you 777 access for Qua import path of file system??....generally developer dnt have access....

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>is there any technical complexity involved in doing this .. ?

Long time before I have tried ( For testing ), There were no Technical issue, I agree with Prateek check whether you need to go ahead.

Cheers

Agasthuri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice Souz!

Technical complexity - No.

Problem - Anyone performing Export in Dev system (Any developer) would have then authorit to move the transport file. And if the same developer can have access to Import file in QA or Production, then you can imagine the harm it could make.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

Although it is technically possible, i haven't seen anyone do this.

Assume you want to implement some governance process around your transports, like approvals from managers etc, then it becomes very difficult to manage your scenario in XI.

As and when you download the TPZ file, it wil lbe processed by the sender file adapter to post it to the target file system.

Having said that, it is still possible.

YOu just need to implement a file to file scenario without IR content.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

But, is it worth the effort, is the question to be asked.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana