cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP4 for ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

If i want to install the ehp4 for ERP6.0 is mandatory to install previously the EHP1 for Netweaver?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

Yes note # 1245473 says to have atleast SAP_BW SP19 version to start EHP4 instalation with EHPi. you can manualy upgrade SAP_BW to SP19 before starting EHP4 installation.

also update your system with latest kernel , IGS exe and SAINT version to avoid any issues during imports.

My question is : are you not downloading all required components via MOPZ. during imports , it will ask for .XML file generated from SolMan. This file is must to proceed with installation further , as this contains all component version , level information.

Regards,

Rupali Bajpai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

You can download al pre requisites required for EHP4 instalation on ERP 6.0 via Solution manager SP19 MOPZ configuration.

Yes when you install EHP4 on specific compoenents (SAP_HR etc) of ERP system it will also update base components (SAP_BASIS ,SAP_ABAP) to 701.

Hope this will resolve your query.

Regards,

Rupali Bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

It´s correct, i see the different support packages.

But I´ve the SAP_BW to the level 16, and I´ve found this note 1245473 - Add. Info. - SAP Enhancement Package Installer 7.00

Usage type BI only: At least SAP_BW SP 19 required

If you use usage type BI in your system and want to update it to enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0, make sure that at least SAP_BW Support Package 19 (included in Support Package Stack 17) is installed in your system. Make sure that you have installed SAP_BW SP 19 before you start the SAP Enhancement Package Installer.

I´ve downloading the differetns sp, but the patches 17,18 and 19, there aren´t it. Only It´s the upgrade to SAP_BW to 7.01 upgrade. Could be a problem??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not necessary, You can install EHP4 from Ecc 6.0 SR3 too using EHPi installer.

Or you can even Upgrade to ECC6.0 SR3 and include EHP4 along with the Upgrade.

You can also upgrade to EHP4 from your existing SAP system using

For AS ABAP: Transaction SAINT (SAP Add-OnInstallation Tool)

AS Java, and the related Portal Content: Java Support Package Manager (JSPM)

Gerard

Edited by: GerardChristopher on Feb 15, 2010 5:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

This is the different level patches. If I want to install EHP4 patch 5 I need to update the ERP to the stack 16?

Enhancement Package 4 of SAP ERP 6.0

1 14

2 15

3 15

4 16

5 16

6 17

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope not really .

Check Note 1064635

" It is not a prerequisite and not recommended to implement the lastest SP stack in your source system before doing an upgrade or EhP implementation".

Remember when you download the EHP4 from your Solman, it would automatically download the required DELTA based on your source stack level.

So it will include all your source stack level that is required.

Hope its clear.

Gerard

Edited by: GerardChristopher on Feb 15, 2010 6:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gerard,

But in the sentence ends with this "which is higher than the equivalent support package stack level of your target release"

I don´t update the system with a level patch higher than the level of EHP4. It´s logical, but I refer if for to go to EHP4 must have a minimum level patch on the source system.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ruben,

If you will take a look on guide Technical FAQ for EHP4 on http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp then you will find that if you want to install EHP4 SPS whose equivalent is higher than what is install in your system then you can include that support package stack in the queue of EHP4 upgrade. Please find extract from this guide:

2.3 Is it possible to install EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 without installing Support Packages?

No, as a general rule it is not possible to install enhancement packages for SAP ERP 6.0

without installing equivalent SAP ERP 6.0 Support Packages.

An EHP4 installation will include at least EHP4 SP Stack 01 which is equivalent to SAP ERP

6.0 SP Stack 14. SAP recommends the inclusion of the latest available EHP SP Stack.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If necesary the DVD for the installation of the EHP4 on an existing ERP 6.0 system?

If it´s correct, which are there?

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruben,

What i meant was , when you use solman maintanence optimizer to download EHP4 , it will automatically include all the required ERP Support stack equivalent files. You dont need to upgrade to the equilanent level separately before EHP4.

You can include all the support packs along with your EHP4 update.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not get your question. Any what is your source release and what is the target you are planning.

You can download all packages from MOPZ in solman.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I install EHP4 for ERP 6.0, automatically it´s installed the EHP1 for netweaver?