Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL Column name Personalization

mark_taylor3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

This may be a silly question but does anyone know if it is possible to change the name of a column in a query delivered in a POWL without changing the feeder class?

We are using SAP ESS/MSS and want to change the column headings for the POWL for employee documents through personalization. We are fairly new to POWLs but it looks like we would need to repair the SAP delivered feeder class or create a customer copy of the feeder class and the referencing WDA. THis seems a bit much for personalization and I was wondering whether we have missed a trick and there is an easy wat to change the text for a column heading.

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check if transaction POWL_EASY is available in your system, if yes then just enter your feeder class name here and select maintain,

Here under the node appearance you can assign OTR Texts as your Column Titles and can adjust other stuff like order, Display type etc.

Regards

Manas Dua

mark_taylor3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. It looks like what we need although the SAP standard employee document feeder class CL_HRHAP00_STARTPG_POWL does not appear to be based on the easy feeder class so we cannot maintain it here.

We are deperately trying to avoid repairing the SAP delivered classes or cereating customer copies of the classes and referencing applications.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alsadah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark...

I assume that the GET_FIELD_CATALOG method of the feeder class is populating the header from an OTR text element. Then, all you need is to update this OTR Text with the required value.

Otherwise, you will have to enhance the GET_FIELD_CATALOG method of the feeder class to change the header.

I hope this will help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

use the enhancement framework on the class CL_HRHAP00_STARTPG_POWL....this is very simple and does not require you to copy the class....