cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print pdf document automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

is it possible to open the print menu directly when I am open the pdf file from web dynpro?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you mind printing from the WD window (what imho is the best way, isn´t it. there is always the print button ready in the Adobe reader) you need to create a FM which will do the same like WD but instead of displaying it will print the form (that means the form must be generated again).

You will create a FM which will again a) get the data b) merge them with template on ADS and c) print. In fact that is the same thing you would do if you would like to print SFP based form with no print preview or something like that.

Otto

p.s.: check this thread: to understand how to use the function modules for XMl-based interface forms

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Scenario is:

1. User click on a button on web dynpro java

2. Pdf document open automatically and the print menu will be open, too

(no silent print and no button on the pdf file)

What is your scenario? you want to use print form in Webdynpro (ABAP/ Java?)? And what next? Button to print it? Or you need a "silent" print? So you don´t have to press a thing and the form gets printed?

If you provide more details on your scenario, I can help you with what can be done and how.

Regards, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, can you please elaborate?

What is your scenario? you want to use print form in Webdynpro (ABAP/ Java?)? And what next? Button to print it? Or you need a "silent" print? So you don´t have to press a thing and the form gets printed?

If you provide more details on your scenario, I can help you with what can be done and how.

Regards, Otto