cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need the difference between Adapter Engine and Advanced Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new to PI 7.1. Have knowledge on how message flow goes(PipeLine steps) in the Adapter Engine of PI 7.0.

Now I have few doubts regarding the pipe line steps in PI 7.1. Whether they are similar to that of PI 7.0 or is there any change in the process? Can anyone help in explaining this difference?

Regards,

Achari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Addition to the above ...in PI7.1 there is one more pipeline step added i.e XML Validation...which is an optional...

if you have checked the validation of XML messages at integration engine then the XML validation pipeline step will get executed.....

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Achaari,

Read it in a simple way:

AAE = Old Adapter Engine with some advanced features

advanced features: many friends have talked about this in reply to your query

Thanks,

Sunil SIngh

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos
former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AAE has some distinct advatages over Adapter Engine.

AAE has additional features over AE, like Local Processing of messages using Integrated Configuration.

"Advanced Adapter Engine provides mapping and routing for this locally. Message Processing is only executed on the Advanced Adapter Engine from one adapter to another without the involvement of the Integration Engine. You can gain a great improvement in performance. " -sap help

Read more here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the prompt responses and with best information, But apart from this,I need how an adapter(File/JDBC) works along

with AAE in PI 7.1. When does the job of File/JDBC adapter is completed and resumed in a synchronous case. That is,

File Location --> file adapter -

> XI(AAE) --> JDBC adapter --> database.

In file sender, lets suppose we have synchronous settings(Best Effort). Now when File adapter's job is finished and when it

gets back the response back from XI. Please explain step by step from starting(file adapter polling the location) to getting the response coming back to XI.

Regards,

Achari.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Achaari, by default, File adapter is not capable of handling sync messages.

But using some modules, it is still possible to make a sync scenario possible.

Given below is an example of file-RFC(sync)-file.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without%20BPM%29

But the catch here is that the example was tried not just using AAE. It uses both IE and AE.

Regards,

ravi

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Achari,

Another nice article on AAE

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0a39881-80c0-2c10-509d-c8129b394...

Hope this helps !!!

Regards,

J Augastine