Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form printing taking time.

shetty_jayantkumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

From me23n trnasaction , when i click on print preview and take an output type system is taking time to display adobe form.

what could be the reason for this, custom program is linked to the adobe form.

Please help me in this regards, its u

jayant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can place a break-point on some useful place (like FP_JOB_OPEN etc.) - like this you can count the time before the ADS is called. When the form is returned from ADS a log can be attached, there you can find how long did it take ADS to generate the form. (What is the size of your form? How many pages? How many data items?).

As per my experience Adobe forms perfomance problems are very often caused by a simple fact the Adobe Reader start very VERY slowly (at least for the first time after the computer has been started). You can check this very easily. Start the performance monitor (OS monitor) on your client PC and check what happens when the form is about to be displayed. I have seen hundreds of megs RAM eaten by the Adobe loader and it took the client PC like a minute to start it.

I am looking forward to hear others opinions and your experience,

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are a number of elements;

The print progam

- Could contain inefficient database access or other slow running code

The adobe form

- Could have inefficient ABAP code in the interface initialisation

The ADS

- Could be under-speced or overloaded with requests

The frontend

- Could be under-speced, unable to launch the adobe viewer in a reasonable time

The first two you can identify using regular perfromance tuning techniques (search for more help), the other two would need basis or desktop support input. Also, you might need to consider the network that joins all of these steps together.

Regards,

Nick