Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipe Management: Formula: Allocation of substance to a material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm working with the recipe management.

If I try to maintain the formula register "input and output" with a substance without a material allocation I'm getting an error that I have to allocate the substance to a material. How can I maintain only a substance as an input?

Second question:

In the IMG, recipe management, environmental parameters I need to maintain the parameter FRML_ESTCAT_NUTR_COMP. What value do I need to allocate?

Thanks in advance.

Tan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rolandfreudenbe
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

Please have a look into the documentation of IMG actvitiy Specify Events:

Example

The EVT_CONV01 and EVT_CONV02 events control how you input data in the Input and Output formula view as follows:

If you set the Relevant to Function indicator for a component type in the EVT_CONV01 event, you can only enter materials in the Input and Output view to which a substance has been assigned.

If you set the Relevant to Function indicator for a component type in the EVT_CONV02 event, you can only enter substances in the Input and Output view to which a material has been assigned.

Best regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. So I have to allocate them to each other.

What about my other questions, any ideas?

First:

If I delete (for example) a substance and want to create a new one with the same name/specification key I'm getting an error: "The specification key is in use already". How can I solve this problem or delete the existing (but deleted already) specification keys?

Second:

How can I set the "Basic Unit for a nutrient"? How do I have to maintain the "basic unit nutrient" section in the detailed tree view?

Thanks,

Tan

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. did you save the workbench once you have deleted the Specfication? please save after deleting and go out of the workbench and come and create a new specfication with same name the system will create a new one ..

2. for any nutrient select property tree 'RM Nutrient Property Tree', first property 'Base unit for Nutrient'

regards

yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your Reply.

1. I followed your instructions, but it's still not working. But that's not so important right now.

The 2nd point is more important.

2. If I open the property "Base Unit for Nutrient" there is not field where I can maintain the base unit. There are only Tabs for "Value Assignments", "Usage", "Assessment" and "Source". I know where I can modify the displayed Tabs but I don't know what kind of Tab Pages I need to assign and what Value Assigment Category I have to choose.

Just to be sure that I'm using the right specifications: The "Base Unit for Nutrient" entry is assigned to the Value Assigment Type "SAP_RMS_1011_001" (IMG: Specity Value Assigmnet Types) and has the class "SAP_RMS_1011_001" assigned with Value Assigment Category "A" which has the Tab Pages "REL, SOURCE, USAGE and VAL". The specification type is Nutrient. In the IMG Activity "Property Tree" the RM_Nutrient is maintained with the Value Assigment Type "SAP_RMS_1011_001".

So in total:

What kind of Tab Pages do I have to assign to the "Base Unit for Nutrient"?

And do I have to maintain entries in the IMG Activity "Set Up Table-Based Value Assignment and if so, what kind of objecs and values do I have to assign to the Value Assignment Type?

EDIT: An additional question: Do I have to install some add-ons? We've just installed EA-APPL. Do we need to install RMGMT?

Thanks a lot. Hope you can help

Edited by: Tan Yildiz on Feb 18, 2010 3:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. run this report in SE38 RC1PHDEL it will clear you memory and allow new spec creation

2. Tab 'Value assingments' will have a column 'Base Unit for Nutrient' this is where you have to specify the UoM (g, mg, ..)

- please check IMG Value assingment type for SAP_RMS_1011_001 - specfication type = Nutrient 'C' - Composition is checked and 'P' unchecked

also

you should have the following entries for the Table based value assingment in IMG

SAP_RMS_1011_001 1 OBJID_STDVAI_SORT SVA 1 5

SAP_RMS_1011_001 2 OBJID_STDVAI_ASSESSMENT SVA 2 3

SAP_RMS_1011_001 3 OBJID_STDVAI_STATUS SVA 3 4

SAP_RMS_1011_001 4 OBJID_STDVAI_RELATION SVA 4 4

SAP_RMS_1011_001 5 OBJID_USAGE USA 5 30

SAP_RMS_1011_001 6 SAP_RMS_1011_001_VALUE CHA 6 22

SAP_RMS_1011_001 NUTRIENT 0 UOM FOR NUTRIENT CHA 1

make sure last value assingment is present

otherwise run IMG activity: Create Entries for the Value Assignments for SAP_RMS_1011_001

hope this helps

regards

yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the first point. It works successfully.

Unfortunately the secon point isn't working yet.

This is what I maintained:

SAP_RMS_1011_001 1 OBJID_STDVAI_SORT SVA 1 5

SAP_RMS_1011_001 2 OBJID_STDVAI_ASSESSMENT SVA 2 3

SAP_RMS_1011_001 3 OBJID_STDVAI_STATUS SVA 3 4

SAP_RMS_1011_001 4 OBJID_STDVAI_RELATION SVA 4 4

SAP_RMS_1011_001 5 OBJID_USAGE USA 5 30

SAP_RMS_1011_001 6 SAP_RMS_1011_001_VALUE CHA 6 22

I tried it also with UOM_FOR_NUTRIENT....

I checked also the Value assingment type for SAP_RMS_1011_001. It is like your introduction.

What about that: Do I need to have some Add-ons installed to get RM running? I've read something about RMGMT Add On....it is not installed on our system, there's just EA-APPL.....

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rolandfreudenbe
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

please have a look into the documentation of the IMG activity 'Define and Assign Values to Environment Parameters' (under formula):

Parameters: from FRML_ATNAM_SUB_CURRENCY to FRML_ATNAM_SUB_REFUNIT

currect parameter in the standard system:

FRML_ATNAM_SUB_CURRENCY Charac. for Currency f. Estimated Price of Spec. SAP_RMS_1010_001_CURR

FRML_ATNAM_SUB_PRICE Charac. for Estimated Price of Spec. (Costs) SAP_RMS_1010_001_PRICE

FRML_ATNAM_SUB_PRICE_UNIT Charac. for Price Unit f. Estimated Price of Spec. SAP_RMS_1010_001_PEINH

FRML_ATNAM_SUB_REFUNIT Charac. for Ref. Unit for Estimated Price of Spec. SAP_RMS_1010_001_UNIT

The values/settings are part of the default IMG setting.

Best regards,

Roland Freundenberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm a little slow on the uptake, but what do I have to do with that entries?

I tried to maintain them in the "Table based value assingment" in IMG, it looks like:

SAP_RMS_1010_001 // FORMULA // 1 // SAP_RMS_1010_001_CURR // 1 // 5

SAP_RMS_1010_001 // FORMULA // 2 // SAP_RMS_1010_001_PRICE // 2 // 5

SAP_RMS_1010_001 // FORMULA // 3 // SAP_RMS_1010_001_UNIT // 3 // 5

SAP_RMS_1010_001 // FORMULA // 4 // SAP_RMS_1010_001_INFO // 4 // 5

SAP_RMS_1010_001 // FORMULA // 5 // SAP_RMS_1010_001_VALUE // 5 // 5

But unfortunately it's not working. The error that the customizing for value assignment type is not generated yet is gone, but there is no table or entry field or similar....

thanks,

Tan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, I could solve almost all of the named problems.

But now there's another question upcoming regarding the allocation of a material to a substance....

You mentioned, that it's a constraint that I have to allocate a material to a substance. How do I handle the case if I develop a new recipe if I don not have adequate materials? I want to create some test recipes with (test-)substances without allocation to material master? Is there a way to do so?

Thanks in advance,

Tan

rolandfreudenbe
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

The Add-ON RMGMT was the fist version of the recipe manangement. The Add-On is only avalable for the relases 4.7 X 110 (EA-APPL 110). Since EA-APPL200 the recipe management is part of the EA-PLM and not more than Add-On available.

Best regards,

Roland Freudenberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Another question.

I want to maintain the "estimated price", but I have no idea what to maintain in the IMG activity "define and assign values to Environment Parameters". To generalize the question; is there a opportunity to get to know what's the ojects funvtionality?

Any ideas that could help?

Thanks in advance,

Tan

Edited by: Tan Yildiz on Feb 19, 2010 1:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vetrivelan,

thanks for your answer. I fixed the second questions issue right now.

I have another question:

If I delete (for example) a substance and want to create a new one with the same name/specification key I'm getting an error: "The specification key is in use already". How can I solve this problem or delete the existing (but deleted already) specification keys?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

Please see the answer for your queries as below:

If I try to maintain the formula register "input and output" with a substance without a material allocation I'm getting an error that I have to allocate the substance to a material. How can I maintain only a substance as an input?

Answer: We have to create substance for all materials, this is system constraints.

Second question:

In the IMG, recipe management, environmental parameters I need to maintain the parameter FRML_ESTCAT_NUTR_COMP. What value do I need to allocate?

Answers: Environmental paramenters are used in different functions in formula processing.

u201CFRML_ESTCAT_NUTR_COMPu201D u2013 It is specific for composition of a product.

The following list provides an overview of the environment parameters available.

If required, you can create your own parameters in addition to the standard parameters and assign values to them. You can take these settings into account, for example, in the screen of your own formula views or in your own check or generation functions.

See: Set Up and Activate Formula Views

Set Up Checks for Formula Data

Set Up Functions for Formula Views

Appreciate if it helps to you.

Thanks and Regards

Vetrivelan