cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hebrew font for the Smartforms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please let me know how to print a Hebrew font by using the smartform...or rather please let me know which is the font to be slected in smartstyles to get a Hebrew font printed...I have selected the THANSHANG font but the Hebrew is getting printed as a Mirror image of itself...

PLease Help...Your answers will be surely Rewarded...

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay Mankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read OSS note 776507.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Csaba , Thankyou very much for replying....I read the OSS note and its particular related to printing of the smartform on the printer...That is helpful for me in the later part..but the issue here is that I have not still able to preview the smart form properly in the Hebrew Format font...I would like to know which font to use for the Hebrew format.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sanjay,

check the link . i think its useful one.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7176747/SAP-Smart-Forms-V3

regards

muthuraman.d

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Csaba , Thankyou very much for replying....I read the OSS note and its particular related to printing of the smartform on the printer...That is helpful for me in the later part..but the issue here is that I have not still able to preview the smart form properly in the Hebrew Format font...I would like to know which font to use for the Hebrew format.

Sanjay,

I'm not developer but I'm njot sure you can define a font type for print preview and a separate font type for real printing in the smartform.

Please read this part of the OSS note suggested in my previous message:

Note on SAPscript/SmartForms Print Preview:

The OTF Print Preview available in Windows GUI (e.g. from transaction SP01) will sometimes not show the "wrong" characters which appear on the final printout. Here is the reason: since the Print Preview runs in Windows environment, it will use Windows fonts to represent the actual printer fonts. A Windows font typically has more available characters (i.e. covers more character sets) than are actually available in a printer's resident font.

A typical example where the Print Preview will differ from the printout is here: if you have a Chinese PCL5 printer such as CNHPLJ4 and use the Western Latin font COURIER in your document, the print preview will show you Chinese characters if you (by accident) tried to format Chinese characters in COURIER font. This is because Windows will automatically choose a font that can output Chinese characters (which is actually not Courier). But when you print the job on an actual PCL5 printer with resident Western and Chinese fonts, the Courier font will not print any Chinese characters but Western special characters instead, because the printer's resident Courier font does not include Chinese characters.

Rule of thumb: all Asian device types (e.g. CNHPLJ4, JPHPLJ4, JPPOST, KPHPLJ4) support not only Asian fonts but also COURIER, HELVE and TIMES fonts. But these Latin fonts can only be used to print English text, not Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters.

You can also ask help in the ABAP forum if you need technical guidence.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

I agree with your point..from the note that you forwarded ..above..Iam using courier standard font but it prints Hebrew in the reverse direction...so the text is reversely spelled.

Do you have any idea about how to solve this issue..and as far as posting the question to the ABAP forum..I think I have posted in the common category & it should be viewable by all.

Thanks,

Sanjay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

The said note that you had mentioned was the right refrence to solve the issue as it had mentioned the standard fonts that has to be used for HEBREW i.e. is HELVE COURIER or TIMES..., the issue was that the printer has to be set with the same fonts what we are using in the smartform...when the BASIS did that the fonts worked out right in the right direction...

The other Technical issue was that form has to be created & maintained in the Hebrew language which could maintian the text direction...

Thanks Csaba for the right reference,.

I was further searching for the table in which the destination bin is stored..as I am developing an RF transaction where in if a user enters the SU no.. the source & destination bin has to be displayed on the screen..the analyst has directed me with a FM name which creates the TO no..via using FM 'L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_SU' ..I know that running this FM creates a destination bin as as as the TO...

But I am sure that there must be some table which stores the destination bin..which can be pulled out prior to creation of a TO by running this FM..? ..could you please guide me with the knowledge of Warehouse tables or rather where destination bin is stored..

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

(If you have new question that is not in close connection with the original one, it is reasonable to open a new thread.)

In warehouse management there's no separate table for destination bin. All the storage bins are stored in data table LAGP.

Strucure of warehouse:

Warehouse --> Storage type --> Storage section --> Storage bin

How system determined the destination bin it's not easy to define because there might be several scenarios, sevaral solutions...

Most basic thing is:

- deifne search strategy

SPRO > LE > WM > Strategies > Activate Storage Type Search / Activate Storage Section Search / Activate Storage Bin Search

http://help.sap.com/SAPHelp_46c/helpdata/EN/34/72369adc56d11195100060b03c6b76/frameset.htm

- you can define stock removal / putaway strategy for the storage type

SPRO > LE > WM > MAster Data > Define Storage Type (putaway: V_T3010-STEIN; removal: V_T3010-STAUS)

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f8445c4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

But via other customizing settings (e.g. capacity check, batch determination) and/or via master data (e.g. fixed bin in material master, control cycle), user exit you can influence how system find destination bin in putaway or the source bin in stock removal.

And there's a difference if you create the TO with reference to a TR, or you create it with reference to a delivery, you create TR and TO for PrdOrd, etc.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Feb 18, 2010 10:36 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Feb 18, 2010 10:36 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

I also have the same problem in my smartform .

how you solve this .

which font you have selected for Hebrew.

I dev a form in EN and translate through SE63 in HE language BUT when i test the HE forms ,some of the char is not working from right to left.

any other suggestion you want to share with me .

Regards

Ravi