cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display pro-e and autocad drawings

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

ICustomer want to upload Pro-E and autocad files into dms and wants to display it.

Tell me detail setting and also if additional viewer or tool required to set.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra,

if you want to upload special originals please create a suitable workstation application for this file formats in transaction DC30. Under 'Define Workstation Application in network' I would recommend you to maintain the parameter %AUTO% or %AUTO%%NO-LEAVE%. This will grant that a suitable external viewer will be used for these applications when you display the originals.

For further help please see also the blue help button in transaction DC30.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Kindly tell me, which external viewers are available and which is the best one?

Thanks for your perfect reply.

-Ravindra

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

based on my experience I would say that AutoVue or DeepViewer (from Right Hemisphere) are good external viewers for these kind of files.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

we have done this but only autocad .dwg,.drf file we can view.Pro-e .prt and CATIA .CAT drawings we ar unable to view.

Kindly guide if you can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are unable to view pro-e and catia files after installation of ECL viewer also. Autocad we are unable to display.

Could anyone suggest that whehter some additional setting needs? Or additional viewer to be required on desktop?

How this problem can be resolved?

BR,

Ravindra

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

if you are using the ECL Viewer could you please provide infromation about version and patch of the Viewer and if these files are Autocad 2010 files?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

We are using ECL viewer 6.0 and the files are of Autocad2008. Initially on trial basis ,we have stored in default storage of SAP database. Is it possible that if we store in K-Pro then these files will be open? When I have uploaded these filed and tried to open ,there is no error coming but except .dwg other exentions not opening. Could you give your valuable guidance on this?

BR,

Ravindra

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check your settings in transaction DC30. I would recommend you to define a workstation application for each different file format to avoid problems with overlapping settings for the workstaion application.

In the single workstation application it is important to maintain the right mime-type and if possible also a three digit suffix and the file format. If you have to use a suffix with more than 3-digits please set the flag 'You cannot rename temporary files', because

then the local copy will be created with the origin file name and extension.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

-ProE and Catia files can be opened using Pro engineer and Catia applications. You need to follow suggestion given by Hopf to launch these files with extensions (ASM, PRT, CATProduct, CATPart, CATDrawing) from a single DIR

- ECL Viewer cannot be used to view above file formats. ECL Viewer supports rendering of .dwg file and hence you can display.

- If you want to automatically manage CAD files in SAP as Document structures, you install ProE/CATIA integrations available from SMP. use transaction cdesk to launch CAD Desktop which is built on top of SAP DMS

Kiran