cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement of non stock items without using material master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

My company follows third party scenerio with non stock items . The procurement process starts from creating a PR thru network by entering a material master and other purchasing information in component overview. I have come to know from some sources that in case of non stock items we may process the same by not using the material master and just entering a material description and other purchase related information. So, my questions is:

Is it possible to follow the procurement process for non stock items without using material master? And if it is Yes, then how will i maintain the tax coditions which i generally do for material and vendor combinations.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

slvd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil

Thanks for the reply. Do you want to say that whatever tax conditions like VAT, Excise and others we maintain in the terms of % through FV11 can be directly done at the PO level ?. But, i tried by creating a PR just by giving material description and converted the PR into PO but in PO i am not able to enter the tax conditions in the terms of % .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please talk to your MM Consultant.

In my case i dont have any tax conditions so i cant give in input but i can enter other conditions in PO for Non-Stock items like Freight,handling charges,Customs etc.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its the same way ...All the condition of the taxes has to be maintained in the Condition based Tax determination with the TAX codes

Now in your case the text element --specify the TAx code which suits the business process in the invoice tab of the PO and this will calculate the taxes according to the TAX calculation procedures defined in the FI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is thier any advantage procuring without material master,

Regards

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes - no need to maintain material master !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

That is nice answer.

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

It is mostly used in projects where you are directly procuring materials for projects and no need to track the inventory.

But i think it is better to create to material Master and use that Material with item cat L so that at any point of time we can track inventory .

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can use a text while creating a PR for Non-Stock item.

Go to CJ20N,click the Internal Activity-Create Material Component-Item Cat N and enter text and other details ,you will get a PR.

Convert the PR into PO and add other conditions like tax etc.

Muzamil