Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rework during 04 inspection

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

What is the best way of handling rework, if it is identified during 04 or final inspection stage.

Scenario,

I got a final inspn lot of 10 pcs out of that 8 is ok and 2 pcs needs to be reworked. 8 pcs are posted to unrestricted and pls tell whats the best way to handle rework and reinspect and post to unrestricted? I am planning to put these 2 pieces in block stock, but confused about the way of communication flow.

How will communication for rework flow from Quality department to Production dept, Also how will communication after rework flow from production to quality?

Pls guide, I just looking for a straight cut process where I can have lesser manual intervention.

VV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

closing thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use Notification for communication after rework scenario is created.

from unrestricted You can also create QRNt -Quarentine storage location in SAP & move material by MB1B-->311.

or

You can directly post material in Block stock so that it can be reworked.

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sujit,

Hey, my plan is to put the 2 pcs to blocked location and create a notification with a task - "rework" assigned to persona responsible as Production Department. Once production completes the task, Quality will do inspection and move material to unrestricted or if it is still to be scrapped, the material will be atken from block and can be scrapped.

If it seems ok, pls suggest, Thanks

VV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is the best way as far as your scenarios go.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vineeth,

The process explained by you is definitely ok. Also you can make use of 349 movement for re inspection purpose.

As soon as the rework is done the concerned user will move the reworked material by 349 movement to offer it to quality department. It will generate an inspection lot of origin 08. If rework found ok you can transfer this to unrestricted use. In case of non confirming results again you can post to block stock or can scrap it.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to post that quantity also unresttricted because rework or reprocess means again you have to consumption for bill of materials