cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation Group in transaction CV01N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have created a new document type (AER) and status network.

I am now trying to create a new DIR to test my new document type.

In transaction CV01N on the Document Data tab - for the Authorisation Group field there is no value to select on the dropdown menu (it is blank) and I cannot proceed because this is a required field.

I have looked at other document types and I see that there are two choices when it comes to Authorisation Group i.e. "Management Restricted" and "Company Restricted".

Please advise on what I have to do to enable the selection choice of "Management Restricted" and "Company Restricted" in the Authorisation Group dropdown menu when I try and create a new AER DIR.

Regards,

Keith

Edited by: Keith Kibuuka on Feb 15, 2010 12:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Keith

In transaction CV01N on the Document Data tab - for the Authorisation Group field there is no value to select on the dropdown menu (it is blank)

It'll not show. It's SAP standard feature.

and I cannot proceed because this is a required field.

Because in DC10, for Document type AER you have set, Authorization Group as Required Field ( Double click on AER document type in DC10, you can see your configuration for details of your configuration )

Just Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Decide whether you want to set Authorization group mandatory field or optional.

2. If you decide to make mandatory/ optional, then In DC10, for Document type AER you configure, Authorization Group according your decision/ requirement

3. Next in PFCG , Go to Authorizations tab & change authorization data. Under Document management define/ enter the Authorization code of your choice ( maximum 4 chars ) in C_DRAW_BGR object. Then define your document type in C_DRAW_DOK object. Save & assign this role to the user whom you want to give access. ( The user must remember this authorization code, as there is no F4 help for authorization group field in CV01N )

4. Now in CV01N, create the DIR with doc type AER, enter the authorization code you defined in PFCG.

That's all. You are done.

Good luck

Amaresh Makal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

generally there is no F4 search help available for this field in DMS. But maybe the suggestions at http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/F4forAuthorization+group could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the fact that the field "Authorization group" is mandatory depends on the customizing settings of the "Document type", so if you want you can change them in order to make that field optional.

Anyway, entries for field "Authorization group" come from the management of authorization objects in roles or profiles. But if you don' manage before the possible entries of the field "BEGRU" in the authorization object C_DRAW_BGR, for the roles or the profiles involved, the users will be able to set any value in the field "Authorization group", as it's checked only by Authority-checks.

So you should define desired entries for "Authorization group" in the Authorization tab of transaction PFCG for the roles assigned to the users involved and for authorization object CDRAWBGR . Then the users will be able to set only the defined values, but also to change and read only the document containing the "Authorization groups" they are allowed to.

Hope to be useful.

Best regards,

Andrea

Edited by: abrusa on Feb 15, 2010 5:04 PM

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some time back, I explained the same thing. Please see the following thread:

Please do search the forum before posting the new thread .

Regards

Amaresh Makal