Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to view the adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team

Thanks for your support and help!!!

I have created as per the below sequence for both sender and receiver types wherever necessary

1. Software Product

2. Software Component -

3.Technical System - (Stand Alone)

4. Business system (Sender and Receiver)

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/CopyofFLATFILETOFLATFILE

imported the software compnent in IR and created Data Types, Message types etc and tested, it is working good.

I have created a business systems in the configuration scenario, i am not getting any adapters under the communication channel of sender and receiver..

could you just help me out in this

Regards

Blue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Are you able to see the adapter's metadata in this namespace: SAP_BASIS>>http://sap.com/xi/XI/System ?

If not then raise it to Basis team.

If yes then go to RWB and select Component monitoring>>Adapter engine>>adapter monitoring>>sort all the adapters based on Only installed and Started adapters.

If you can't see all the standard adapters raise it to basis.

Regards,

Kunaal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanks for your support and help, you people have been posting a reply immediately which makes me happier than ever.

My sincere thanks to Ravi Kanth Talagana,Abhishek.,Kunaal and Pinangshuk for them timely reply.

I have a stand alone SAP PI 7.0 installed at home.

I have created a new communication channel for sender business system, when I am trying to search for adapter in the adapater section, i was not able to view any adapters, was getting an error like "NO OBJECTS FOUND" under the adabters section.

could not able to save the sender communication channel as there were no adapters selected

why is this happening, Please Help

Regards

Blue

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have created a new communication channel for sender business system, when I am trying to search for adapter in the 
adapater section, i was not able to view any adapters, was getting an error like "NO OBJECTS FOUND" under the adabters 
section.

You still have not mentioned if the Adapter Metadata has been properly imported under the SAP BASIS SWCV...are you able to see it.....also were the post-installation steps done for this server?

Regards,

Abhishek.

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to below mentioned link and in that link go to point number 13.4.

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700007402452005E

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hiddu,

As Abishek is already suggested you to look at adapter metadata. If you dont have adapter metadata then you will not able to see the list of adapters in communication channnel.

So goto IR(Integration Repository) ---> Click on the SAP BASIS software component ---> goto http://sap.com/xi/XI/System NameSpace ---> Check in Adapter Objects ---> Adapter Metada.

There you should able to see the Adapters. If There Adapters are not there you cant see those in Communication channel. The Ask your BASIS people to import the Adapter Metadata.

I Think This will be helpfull to you.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

I am a fresher in this.. i do not know how to check.. honestly..

could you just help me out .. steps to check ..

Regards

Blue

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hiddu,

In my previous reply I have explained Step by Step how to check.

Read my previous reply once carefully, Then you will understand.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have followed the steps as mentioned by you, I have created a namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System under SAP BASIS software component. I could able to see the Adapter Metadata

Then I have checked in RWB and select Component monitoring>>Adapter engine>>adapter monitoring>>sort all the adapters based on Only installed and Started adapters. I could see the adapters now.

But here comes a new problem.. my Integration Directory password has been locked (assuming).. not able to login and check the adapters in the Business System.

Is there any steps to unlock the Integration Directory Password, Kindly help.

Regards

Blue

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to TCODE SU01 --> Give your user-id --> unlock

Since your id has been locked somebody else needs to do this, one who has ADMIN access to the server.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have followed the steps as mentioned by you, *I have created a namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System under SAP BASIS* software component. I could able to see the Adapter Metadata

-->No one in the above replies suggested you to create that namespace.

-->We should not create create any namespace it is the standard namespace provided by SAP under the standard software component.To get the visibility of the adapters in your Adapters list you need to import the .TPZ file from the specified server location and after importing the file the standard SAP BASIS component will be visible in your IR which has the adapter metadata and automatically your adapters will display.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether Adapter Metadata is present in http://sap.com/xi/XI/System under SWC SAP_BASIS<version>..(version is either 7.0 or 7.1 based on your PI version)..if not then Go to service marketplace -> In Search Term Enter "SAP BASIS <version>"-> XI CONTENT SAP_BASIS <version> -> Database independent -> SAP BASIS <version> -> .zip

Now unzip the file and put this in the import directory: \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\import\

In IR, TOOLS ---> Import design objects and import it.

After doing this, you will find adapters during creating comm channel...

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

Not sure what you really meant by " not getting any adapters under the communication channel of sender and receiver", but you don't get the communication channels automatically.

You have to create the adapter(Or communication channel) manually.

Right Click on the Communication Channel and click on New, then you can configure your adapter/communication channel.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

I have created a new communication channel for sender business system, when I am trying to search for adapter in the adapater section, i was not able to view any adapters, was getting an error like "NO OBJECTS FOUND" under the adabters section.

could not able to save the sender communication channel as there were no adapters selected

why is this happening, Please Help

Regards

Blue

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the adapter metadata imported in Integration repository?

If this is a newly installed system, then check with your BASIS team if all the services are available and if all the post-installation steps have been performed.

Regards,

Abhishek.