Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform text

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

can anybody pleas ehelp me with the Smartforms text modules?

I have created some text modules, I use variables in the texts. I use SSFRT_READ_TEXTMODULE function module to read these texts but I need the texts to have the variables filled. How can I do that? I have some ZSTRUCTURE filled and use &ZSTRUCTURE-FIELD& in my text and need to fill the values. I have tried searching, but find only tousands of smartform tutorials but no info about the texts.

Thank you all, have a nice day,

regards, Otto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

You don't need to use a function module to read the Text Module into your smartform.

Create a Text node in the form and change the 'Text Type' using the drop down to 'Text Module'. Enter the module name as either a literal or variable.

Provided the variables you use in the Text module are known to the smartform they will be populated at runtime.

Regards,

Nick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because I am in a hurry and my colleagues encouraged me to do so, I have implemented a simple REPLACE function looping at the text and at the data the same time to fill the variables. If anybody can suggest a better approach, I would be glad and benefit from it the next time.

I though this is so often used function to have a standard text with variables and a filled data structure that there must be a function module to merge these into a text with variables like the way it works in Adobe forms texts etc. But I haven´t found such a FM.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not going to use the text in a smartform (well, little bit old technology for me, there are Adobe forms, right?). I need to use it as a email text. So I need to get the text into ABAP and fill it with DDIC structure data. Otto