cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy results to Batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

i maintained 04 inspection type with early inspection and assigned inspetion point and class characteristics too.

when i release production order inspection get generated

but i want to copy only one inspection point results to be transferred to batches. i made configuration setting batch valuation tick in Plant data view,

but there is blank in batch characterisitcs values

how to transfer Results from inspection point to batch characteristics value

Regards

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Are you trying it with MIC or have attached the Characteristic directly.

If you have

1. Prepared Characteristic

2. Prepared MIC with reference to this Characteristic

3. Attached this MIC to your task list

4. There is an ANCHOR sign is visible at your task list

Then just perform result recording and valuate the result you will see the result migrated to the Batch.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also take UD of the Inspecion lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I never copied inspection point results to batch. i have checked that with 04 inspection type after production.

is this possible that to copy inspection point results to Batch?

if no. of inspection point is assigned to results then which result will updated in batch after UD

in my case batch is created after goods receipt of finished product

REgards

Pravin

Edited by: pravin dhokey on Feb 15, 2010 5:21 PM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection point data is copied to the batch record when the inspection point is valuated. You must make a decision for each inspection point in a similar fashion as doing a UD for the inspection lot.

To test, I would remove the inspection point information in the inspection plan and make a normal 04 inspection lot and perform the UD. If the results get transferred to the batch, then your MIC's and general characteristics and configuration is properly setup for transferring results to the batch. If they don't transfer, you have an issue unrelated to inspection points.

If they do transfer, then chances are you are not getting the inspection point valuated.

For 04 inspection lots, when using inspection points, the last inspection point that is valuated should be the results you'll find on the batch record.

When using inspection points, no data is transferred when the UD is made on the inspection lot other then the UD code itself which is transferred to the standard characteristics LOBM_UDCODE if you have included it in your classes.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you said "For 04 inspection lots, when using inspection points, the last inspection point that is valuated should be the results you'll find on the batch record"

But problem is my batch is not yet created when i result valuated for inspection point for 04 type - Early inspection

my batch created later stage

So i want at the time of UD, last inspection point results should be derived to batch.How could i do this

Regards

Pravin

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. you need to have a batch number assigned to transfer results to a batch

I would suggest that you not allow automatic valuation of the inspection point. Then perform the inspection point valuation when you make the UD and the batch number is assigned.

The only other solution I can suggest is creating a follow-up action to your UD code to perform the copy.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig

Thanks for your valuable solution

Do you have any idea which functianal module is applicable for this follow up action where i can derive batch results.from inspection point

Regards

Pravin

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know about any function modules off-hand for this. The actual inspection point data is in the QASR table.

Craig