cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM Job + table CDHDR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Experts,

I have a problem regarding the firefighter job that runs every day--> /VIRSA/ZVFAT_V03

We have planned on our system one hourly job /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK and the above mentioned.

The last month the job is being cancelled offen because of the message :

TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED:No storage space available for extending the internal table

First we implemented the solution witbin the note 14312190 were we created new indexes for the table CDHDR and the first two days the job was succesfull, after it failed again every once in a while. For your information our table CDHDR has 220 million entries, which is rather big.

Before i check this problem from the Basis side, because depending on the message it is a Basis problem, is there any other optimization i can perform ? like using the SPM log data auto archive function? or maybe somehow archiving table CDHDR which is probably causing the problem?

Best regards,

david

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Check out OSS note # 1039144 and 1049512.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh,

the note 1039144 is the one that we implemented with the new indexes.

But thanks anyway, i checked it again and i saw i forgot to set the value to Yes in the Configuration of the tool in : Retrieve Change Log.

I will check if the job will run succesfully the next days.

Best regards,

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh,

the job is cancelled again, i will open an OSS for the problem.

Regards,

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Are these any basis parameters set to restrict either the background job run time or the spool files as it seems like it is hitting the system thresholds.

I don't think that this will be a GRC specific setting but more like a limit on your SAP servers.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution was to cancell the daily job(/VIRSA/ZVFAT_V03) and keep only the hourly (/VIRSA/ZVFATBAK).

If the SPM parameter "Retrieve Change Log" is set to YES then it should be fine

Thanks for your input!

david