Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Seeburger Map Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plzz help me on this issue,

I am working on edi to idoc scenarion using seeburger.

I want to map EDI850 to Idoc. In PI Repository I have standard Mappings with version 4010.BUt,

I need Version 4030 Mappings. Where do i get these version mappings.

Can use same version mappings. Plzz help me on this.

Thanks,

Singh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

You cannot use the same mapping.

You have to create your own mapping from the scratch.

You have to import your xsd struture for 850 v4030 from the Seeburger folder in your PI system's physical drives, into your IR, as an external definition.

Then you have to create a message mapping with your IDOC as the source and the external definition as the target.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi and Rajesh,

Thanx for ur replys.

Here i am getting some doubts.

I am new to this PI. I dont know How to do the mapping from scrath. if Possible could u plzz help me.

Here I have one External Definition in my IR "FunctionalAcknowlegementSeeStd" is it Seeburger standard one or i ned to import this thing from my BIC.

If i need to import this One where i will get the path.

Thanks,

Seenu.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seenu/Singh ( Why mutiple names??),

When you say mappings, there are two types of mapping in Seeburger EDI scenarios.

1) EDI2XML, XML2EDI mappings which convert the ED formatI to XML and vice versa.

2) The actual EDIXML data to the IDOCXML data.

The first type of mappings, you should use BIC mapping designer to develop and then deploy in the PI server.

The second mapping, you have to create in your Integration repository(Within PI system).

The External definition that you see is not the one you want.

If you want to map the IDOC to the EDI 850 V4030, then you should do the following.

1) Login into the physical server of the PI system using Remote Desktop (The userid and pwd are not the ones u use for logging into IR or ID. Contact your basis team to get access to the physical server of PI system)

2) Open the file explorer in that system and navigate to a directory by name seeburger. Inder that you have to search for XSD file corresponding to your EDI Document and version.

3) Copy that file and paste it on your desktop.

4) Then open your IR.

5) Right Click on the external definitions node and click on new.

6) Then import the xsd file which is now tehre on your desktop into PI system.

7) Now, create a message mapping under the mappings node.

😎 Drag your IDOC structure as the source and External Definition as your target.

9) Then you can do your mapping as per the requirement.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which mapping you are talking about...

is it related to Seeburger mapping (which does the conversion from EDI to XML) or mapping at IS level (Which does the XML to IDOC..)

if it is second one (XML to IDoc) then need to import the XSD of ANSIX12 V4030 as External Definition in IR and then create the message mapping and Interface mapping...

the one which is FunctionalAcknowlegementSeeStd is the standard mapping of seeburger which gives the ack status message i.e in EDI terms it is 997 message for your ANSI X12 4030 message...

please go through my blog.../people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/08/05/wanna-implement-seeburger-for-edi-find-the-booster

your scenario..will be same as i mentioned in the blog..except the message version...which need to develop the mapping in BIC and need to deploy in PI...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanx for ur reply. Seenu and SIngh Both of us using same ID.

Here I am working on Mapping in PI system.

We have used ANSI X12 4030 Version xsd File in IR. This xsd file was found in our system after installing BICMD.

Is it Right Procedure.

In Remote desktop system there also we didnt get the xsd file.

Plzz help me out.

Thanks,

Singh.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

If you have the xsd already available on your local machine, then there is no need for you to search in the PI physical server.

Yes, if you are sure that the xsd is of the correct EDI transaction set and version, then yes, it is the correct way.

I remeber the naming of that file something like A_850_V4030 or something like that.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

My File name is like this. XML_850_4030.xsd.

If possible can u help me on PI mapping for this.

Thanks,

Singh.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

I cannot help you with the entire mapping.

You need to understand how you do the mapping.

You have to learn it anyhow, sooner or latter.

here are some links which can be helpful in doing the mapping:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/190eb190-0201-0010-0ab3-e69f70b6c...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/c4cdfc334824478090739c04c4a249/frameset.htm

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

I will try to get perfection in mappings. If i get any doubt i will post a message to u,

Thanks,

Singh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to develop the mapping for the same using BIC mapping designer tool and need to deploy in your PI server for the same...

Check the doucment provided in the BIC designer tool installation for the same..

HTH

Rajesh