cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying application name using Portal API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a Web Dynpro Java component that is being used in two different applications. I'm just wondering if there's a way to programmatically tell which application it was that called the component when a user enter certain input?

Regards,

Revathi Raju.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Revathi Raju

There is no such API. If you need such information in your component you have to organize the logic by yourself. There are several possible ways to add such logic to the child component:

1. Use interface method with parameter which identifies a parent. Example: setMode(String mode). Parent component must invoke setMode() with concrete value.

2. Use several interface windows (interface views). Each interface view will mean specific use case of your component. Interface view's inbound plugs will help you to store the application mode in your component. Parent will embed the concrete interface view. The method also allows to provide different view layouts for each parent. In in other case it requires some routine work to clone the view layouts.

3. Use single interface view, but with several inbound plugs. Parent component will fire the concrete plug.

Personally I like the last methods the most, because it postpones the component mode determination to the WebDynpro navigation phase.

BR, Siarhei