cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC receiver adapter Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

I have a JDBC receiver adapter configured to update-insert PO data into an external SQL database.

The mapping is done that based on the PO number so that insert-update should happen

However if there are 100 PO numbers, the adapter is executing for each PO number i.e for 100 times which takes quite long time to insert-update the database and eventually running into performance issues

Is there any way that all the 100 PO are insert-updated in a singe go.. I tried with stored procedure even. but didnt workout

Your help is highly appreicated

-Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthika,

>>I tried with stored procedure even. but didnt workout

IF you want to avoid multiple insertions then SP is a single solution. What problem did you faced with the SP?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried initially with the stored procedure itself.. Its also taking more or less the same time..

So wanted to know if there is any other approach available

-keerthi

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthika,

The SP approach shoudl always take less time, because

1. entire data is available within the Database by a single push,

2. If each individual record is updated/'inserted by PI then the time taken will be more because the data transfer happens between two systems PI and DB (also the network layer comes in between)

If your SP is taking the same time as taken by PI, then you need to see how long the SP takes to update/insert 100 records when run from DB layer. If it takes more time then you need to fine tune the SP code, else there can be some network issues

Regards

Suraj

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make these changes in your CC Receiver JDBC.

Advance Tab --> Tick on Advance Mode --> Tick on Batch Mode

Run the scenario.