cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits SRM contracts compared to MM contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I'm pretty new in the SAP world (just passed my EBP 5.0 certifcation), I hope someone can help me with the following:

What are the benefits and differences of SRM contract management compared to contract management in MM?

Many thanks!

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Pl. see this link in help.sap.com

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/58/2a8442a07b0e53e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

should help you.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Dinesh. I already found the info of this link, but it doesn't clarify my question to me. It does provide info regarding contract management in SRM. Do you have working experience with both SRM and MM? If so what benefits/differences do you experience. I can't imagine that the possibilities of both modules are equal.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

EBP contracts are used extensively in the sourcing application. When price determination comes into picture, these are selected first. This can also be used during requesting temp labor. All the MM function are available, release orders can be created. Release doc is saved. One imp thing is, you have a chance to work with version controls that can also be linked to workflow and can also be compared at any time to find the status.

Alert events can be triggered from BW via workflow..

Also you have a chance to work with GOA.

Any many more...

Let me know if you need more info..

BTW MM sourcing is very limited. Very difficult to trace the overrun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thanks for your reply, very helpful. To summarize: SRM has the same function as MM +

- Version control

- Alert events

- Work with GOA

Many thanks!

Jennifer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jennifer,

The Value and Quantity based contract functionality is similar in SRM and MM. In SRM provides the functionality to maintain contracts centrally and distribute to the multiple backend systems where they can be call-offs. Both Local contracts and Scheduling Agreements can be generated via the GOA.

Additionally, if u might be interested in reviewing the True Contract Management functionality in SRM which provides Document and article management. I would advise you to login to asug.com and download the Contract Management presentation from this year's annual asug conference. It provides detailed informaiton on SRM Contract Management.

-Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

I think now I should ask

Do you have sample certification Q? I need it urgently..

Thanks!

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for the link. Just tried to login but I can't because I'm not registrated. Do you have a copy of the presentation that you can forward to me? I'm very interested in this information.

Many thanks,

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Sorry to say that I haven't got sample certifcation questions. I do have 2 tips:

- Keep an eye on your time, because the time (1 hour) is very short! 40 questions, of which almost every question consist of 5 statements (true/false)

- A lot of technical questions. So make sure you know a lot of ITS, RFC, BADI, ALE, Idoc, BAPI, Workflows et cetera

Besides that (you probably already got this info) see the link

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/011000358700002714572005E

for the certification topics. It has been very helpful to me.

Kind regards,

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

I have cleared the cert exam SRM4.0...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Can you please let me know when your book will be out in the market?

My next question is, if i create a contract first in R/3 and we implement Classic scenario, how can we access it from EBP. Is there a replication process from R/3 to EBP?

Jy