cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking up a file from FTP based on triggering of IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a scenario,when a custom IDOC is triggred from R/3 a file need to picked from source FTP and place the file at Target FTP.

To make the scenario even more clear a custom report is run at R3 side by this program gives two outputs

One creates a .txt file in Source FTP from were XI need to pick and at the same time the second out wuld be a custom IDOC

sent from R3 to XI this acts has an Ack depending on which XI should pick file from Source FTP.

how can this be achived ?

Thanks

Sampath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

What is the Receiver system for you? I am assuming that you will forward the IDOC once received from the R3 to a receiver system using some Adapter. Now what I suggest you to use a OS Command before Processing in the Rcvr Channel through which you are forwarding the IDOC data. Now in this command you call your File Sender Adapter externally. So once your IDOC is received succesfully, your file will be picked and send to rcver.

Check the below blog to control adapters externally

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6456] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

This is just in case you want to avoid BPM.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

>>XI this acts has an Ack depending on which XI should pick file from Source FTP.

Will this IDoc contain some information liek the file that need to be picked? If no, then create a BPM with two receiver steps (inside a fork)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

As you mentioned go with BPM but i would only get an IDOC from R/3 but not the file structure , the .txt file would be directly placed in FTP .

To make it more clear my Communication Channel should be switched "On and Off" depending on the IDOC received from R/3

Thanks

Sampath

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

>>To make it more clear my Communication Channel should be switched "On and Off" depending on the IDOC received from R/3

Then the blog mentioned by Rahul (6456) will be useful for you. In the report you can call the url to start and stop the channel. Once the file is placed start the channel and once the IDoc is triggered stop the channel.

Also if you want to just move the file, create a configuration in PI (ID part).

Regards

Suraj

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

For moving files to target FTP without any mapping, refer this

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Hope this helps !!!

Regards,

J Augastine