cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Monitor Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

When I create a variant in Transaction Monitor (transaction CRM_DNO_MONITOR), the variant is showing as a Service Desk filter/variant in the Solution Manager screen (transaction DSWP). Is there a way to create a variant without displaying as a Service Desk filter?

Any information is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tess

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tess,

Could you please help me in understanding the issue in detail? I have also created variants from CRM_DNO_MONITOR. But where it is showing as a service desk filter? Please explain in detail.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev.

Thanks so much for quickly responding to my message.

I run transaction DSWP or SOLUTION_MANAGER and choose a Solution.

Then I choose the Operations View at the left screen and at the right screen,

I choose the Service Desk tab -> Messages.

The screen will show messages based on the "Service Desk filter/variant" that I choose.

What I refer here as the "Service Desk filter/variant" is the field with the pull-down menu,

next to the "Create" button. When I placed my cursor to the pull-down menu,

it will show "choose a variant" and if I choose this, the pull-down menu shows so many variants

which were created whenever a user save/create a variant from the Transaction Monitor.

I'm trying to find a way how our users can create their own Service Desk variants

without showing in this screen, as we want to display the generic variants (i.e. My Service Worlist) only in this screen. I've tried creating a user variant (i.e. U_MENDOZAT) using the "User Variant" button in the Transaction Monitor and this does not show in the 'Service Desk variants", but seems you can only create 1 "user variant" per user.

I hope I was able to explain my issue here.

Thanks,

Tess

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tess,

I understood your issue but I am afraid I can help in acheiving your requirement. I am not sure whether we can restrict the variant list displayed in your DSWP. When you provided access to DSWP, the user can see all the variants. If you want to restrict your user in seeing all the variants or you just want your user to see the messages assigned to him/her, you might consider using workcenters. Or even you can create a variant and assign the variant to a Z tcode which can be a copy of Transaction Monitor. Here the user would not have authoriation to create a variant for them.

Hope this helps.

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev.

Thanks for your suggestions. I might llooked at the option of using work centres.

Can you be able to provide me some info or links on how to setup/use the work centres.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Tess

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tess,

Please add the role SAP_SMWORK_BASIC to activate workcenter for you. And for differnt work centers, u need to add differnet roles; say for Incident management u need to add SAP_SMWORK_INCIDENT_MAN to ur profile.

You can call workcenter using the transaction solman_workcenter.

Please refer the below links to get detail idea about work centers:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/40/8ac473d40943ddb23def12bdb33437/content.htm

[original link is broken]

Rajeev