cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining of two reports in universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When we are getting data from SAP.Can we combine two reports in UNIVERSE.

What is the concept of merging Dimension.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

as the previous posters said merging 2 different queries is generally possible at report level. Another option is to use the Data Federator which allows you to merge several data source (SAP and non-SAP) and create a single universe on them. Still you require a pearate license for the Data Federator.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the Information.

I am not talking about bex queries,When we are using Cube or query as datasource,when i am getting them to universe.

in universe can we combine two reports,where as when in try on efashion i am able to combine two reports A UNION B, A INTERSECTION B ,A MINUS B.

is this option not available when we get data from SAP.

Thanks,

Kiran.

0 Kudos

Hi

in WebI you can only JOIN results from different queries (you call them reports) when working with SAP BW universes.

A solution will be to do this using an multiprovider (kind of UNION) on the SAP BW side. Or use the Data Federator. You can built a relational universe that accesses SAP BW data through the DF and this way you will able to use the Union/Intersection/Minues features in the WebI query editor.

Regards,

Stratos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Linking of reports can be done in DeskI/WebI based on the tool/report we are using.

Merge dimension is a way to link the data from the two different universe or queries in a single BO report

by merging on common dimensions.

For universe linking we can do it in Designer.

Path: Universe Parameters (File-> Parameters) -> Links -> We can Link one universe with another/ add another universe to existing universe.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I guess by two reports you mean two BEx queries..?

A universe is created for each BEx query, you can-not merge aur combine them in designer.

Merge dimension is a concept by which we can show the data from the two different universe or queries in a single BO report

by merging on common dimensions. So, you can combine your two reports using Merge Dimension at the report level instead of Universe.

Regards,

Rohit