cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with layout and printing tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my first ADOBE-Form "projekt" makes more problems than expected, especially with the layout.

Layout Problem 1:

I want to print the data of a table (thats my only parameter in the interface and the table itself is deep structures with other tables). So I have bound the "standard" subform (the one ADOBE inserts automatically" to the table and selected that the subform is repeated after every record.

Anyhow ADOBE processes only the first record of this table.

Maybe the reason is, that I need to display the data of one record on two pages. So I created two pages each with the "standard" subform and bounded both to the table.

What am I doing wrong? Do i have to do the page split another way?

Layout Problem 2:

I have a text field with multiple lines allowed. But it overwrites the content of the object, that comes below.

Its the same with my other subforms for table data.

How can I tell the system, that an object needs to be pushed downside on the page, if the context above needs more space?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

lets fix your problem:))

2) ...But it overwrites the content of the object, that comes below.

note how the layout "flows"

a) check the subforms properties, there is content attribute: positioned (nothing changes, all the time looks like you have designed the subform), flowed (the form "helps" you format the layout and removes the spaces), flowed is western text (left to right) or top to bottom (up down)

b) note that in the layout tab of the field or the subform there is "auto-fit" checkbox which updates the selected size if the content is smaller/ bigger than expected at design time

*1) I want to print the data of a table *

Basically you have two options how to proceed. I would recommend you to open the Adobe forms blog category and start reading about the binding. It can be very tricky, especially table in table.

Or you can drag the outer table root from your data view and drop it to the layout. It will create all the subforms and fields structure for you, you will only have to format it. And then check how all the steps (levels of hierarchy) are created and how all the levels ale binded to the source.

in case there some more problems, ask again, regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, you say it

subforms and they "flowing" etc. properties are killing me, but after some hours I think I got the concept.

The form looks quite well, everything is pushed downwards if an item above gets expanded.

But one problem remains: this form only prints the very first record of my table.

I have no problems with the tables nested inside the main table. They work perfectly and everything is fine there!

But I cant tell the form to print my other records...

I somehow played around and made it work, but then the next record was not on the next page but directly after the subform created by the context area (if this terminology is correct).

I played around even further and created a paging with reference to the context area, but then the first page looked quite odd (page 2, 3, 4... looks perfect).

I tried to fix also this and then I somehow messed up my form and could not undo my changes (it was only a "to play with" copy...)

Just to explain it again:

I have one table (lets call it the "main table" because its the import parameter of the interface) and inside this table are other nested tables.

I want to print one record of the "main table" across 2 pages and after that the next record of the "main table" should be printed beginning at the 3rd page.

As I said, the two pages look wonderful (even though I have not yet covered the issue of what should happen, two pages are not enough for one record of the "main table"). but as soon as I try to display the next records of the "main table" as well, i am stucked in unpredictable layout problems.

I cant believe that I try anything extraordinary. Lets hope that I can solve this with your very appreciated help.

Thanks in advance Otto!!!

And kind regards, Frank

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note it is possible to use conditional breaks. Just open the F1 manual in LCD (outside SAP to get that work faster:))) and do the homework:))) Next option is to handle the Pagination tab (for the right subforms). Like the first options i recommend you to play with this outisde SAP.

What I would do:

(a) make your form DYNAMIC = X (so there will be an inside structure of the form, this is important)

(b) generate your form

(c) open it in LCD outside SAP (faster)

(d) if you need testing data, use some from SAP using the forms trace or generate some using first menu item in LCD

I am also not sure if you get the concept of binding, do you experience any problems with this?

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

having tested this ADOBE stuff now for a couple of days I can say that I have for sure understood the concepts of context binding etc.

If I use just a very very limited subset of what I need to have in the form - that covers round about 100 fields and 6 deepstructured nested tables - it works. As soon as I add more and more the PDF becomes ridiculous. It starts to print outside the content area, enters empty pages etc.

SAP has again created something with what a housewife might print out her recipe, but no reasonable and complex development is possible (like BI integrated planning in its first versions). Its pretty easy to make forms for invoices and maybe a simple questionnaire as an interactive version is possible as well. Thats good indeed.

But as soon as you have deep nested tables where one table row makes a complete new formatted form and most table data needs to be printed very structures (and not as simple table rows) it comes to its limits. Thats somehow sad.

Having experience with these very complex forms and logic in the former technologies (and I know that it works there very well) I think I will switch back.

Anyhow, thanks for your help!

Regards,

Hendrik